Sign in to follow this  
Redbirdman

reproduction Rj-35

Redbirdman

I just spotted this belt guard on Evil Bait........is this as hard to find as the belt guard on the RJ58? And BTW? Is the 'hook' part the idler to slow the drive belt down and is that like the one that should be (just the hook now) on the 701 as a belt idler? :ROTF::banghead:

You are bidding on a new exact reproduction of a 1955,1956 Pond Wheel Horse Rj-35 belt guard. It is new and painted ready to bolt on. Buyer to pay shipping charges!! No Reserve!! No Returns!! Happy Bidding!!

CCluLCB2kKGrHqZjQE0D7-o91BNLnGDdcYw_12.jpg

REDbirdman :thumbs:

PS: I found it after going to 'my wheel horse' site and clicking on 'whats on e bay'..

Brrly1

Belt guard on the 58rj is probably a little bit harder to find, At one time I had an NOS belt guard for a 58rj but a member here snagged it right up. A 58rj belt guard would be hard to repop or at least a one piece one would be. I have seen them redone in two pieces. :banghead:

:thumbs:

trettig

I bid on the guard. But lost the sale. Do you know anyone one else selling the belt guard?

Brrly1

Try contacting seller.One just never knows. Check and see if he might have another laying around. I am gonna bet he has more than one especially if they are repops. :banghead:

:thumbs:

VinsRJ

I bid on the guard. But lost the sale. Do you know anyone one else selling the belt guard?

Tom, Joe Papke did not have a RJ35 belt gurad? I know he repros the RJ35 engine pulley with reverse disc. You can actually make one fairly easily, there's not much to them. I have a NOS one you could get measurements off of.

And I agree the RJ58/9 belt guard is harder to locate.... then to find one in nice shape is even harder. I believe there are fiber-glass repors for the 58/9 belt guard. Haven't seen one in a long time.

trettig

Vince,

Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it.

Tom