Sign in to follow this  
WH Raider10

progres made on the Raider 10 restoration

WH Raider10

Hi guys,

Finally some progres on the resto of my raider 10.

I lapped in and installed my new exhaust valve in my kohler K241 engine. The old one was burned and wasn't closing anymore.

I've never worked on the inside of an engine so this was my first time I installed and lapped in a valve. I also installed new points and points pushing rod. I really like to work on small engines,they're easy to work on and I can learn something while working on it. I'm only 16 ,and I'm restoring my wheelhorse whole by my self. Here pics of the engine:

Old exhaust valve:

DSCN0141.jpg

New exhaust valve:

DSCN0138.jpg

New exhaust valve:

DSCN0137.jpg

New points and points rod:

DSCN0140.jpg

Pieter-Jan :banghead::thumbs: :ROTF:

rickv1957

Looks great so far!!

WH Raider10

Thanks Rick! :ROTF::thumbs: :banghead:

racinfool40

:banghead: Gotta love them Kohlers Great work!!

WH Raider10

You can't beat a Kohler engine! Thanks! :ROTF::banghead: :thumbs:

AMC RULES

Looks like your having fun while you learn. Keep up the good work. :banghead:

Anglo Traction

Pieter- Jan, You are doing good :banghead: . Take's me back to when I was your age and working on Engines. I'll put money on this one not being your last engine you work on.

WH Raider10

Thanks! Yes I love working on my wheelhorses! They gotta stay well maintained!

I'm going to make a show tractor of this one,everything like original and a lot new parts and new decals from Meadowfield. It will be a beauty when finished. I'll post pics when I make more progres,paint will be made tomorrow normally, so the sand blasting can begin!

Anglo Traction,this will not be my only engine I'll work on,I have allready 3 wheelhorse projects ready when this one is finished. :wwp:

Also I've an old BERNARD (France made engine) that I got for free and got it back running,runs like a champ even with a not complete carburetor. I'll post a video of it.

Also have another one like that and a U.S. WW2 compressor Briggs engine that I need to get back running.

I enjoy my hobby,learns about it and have fun while doing it,what else do I need? :D:wh:

:thumbs::ROTF::hide::hide: :banghead:

meadowfield

Thanks! Yes I love working on my wheelhorses! They gotta stay well maintained!

I'm going to make a show tractor of this one,everything like original and a lot new parts and new decals from Meadowfield.

:banghead:

Heres how the decals are looking, thanks to Terry (vinylguy) and Richard (anglotraction) for help on these!

74%20raider.jpg

we are still looking for a clean picture and dimensions of the tach-a-matic decal if anyone can help.

thanks

mark

Anglo Traction

we are still looking for a clean picture and dimensions of the tach-a-matic decal if anyone can help.

Hi Mark, I didn't think they were any different to the standard one's :banghead: . I'll have a look at the one on mine.

meadowfield

Hi Mark, I didn't think they were any different to the standard one's :banghead: . I'll have a look at the one on mine.

I haven't seen this decal before other than in pictures, so there just might be the one design only.

thanks

Anglo Traction

Just check'd it out. It is different, colour, letter style and spacing. Mine is a bit frayed and has brushed on paint on it. I'll try and clean it up a bit. Unless someone else has a better example.

WH Raider10

Hey Richard,thanks for helping with the Tach-a-matic decal. If yours don't work I'll ask Vincent to take a really good pic of his decal on his raider 10.

Here a movie that I made 4 years ago,that's when I just bought my raider 10.

I was 13 then,now in April I'm 17! Would be cool to make the same movie with the restored raider 10 and older driver. Hope you guys like this movie. :banghead::thumbs:

th_S6300594.jpg

Anglo Traction

Hey Richard,thanks for helping with the Tach-a-matic decal. If yours don't work I'll ask Vincent to take a really good pic of his decal on his raider 10.

No Problem, I have E-mailed an image of it to Mark (Meadowfield). If it is not good enogh , He may need Vincent's help.

Regards

WH Raider10

More progres made. Installed new bearing and clips in PTO. Also painted the back of my seat really nice! Here pics:

PTO:

S6300759.jpg

Seat:

S6300761.jpg

:thumbs::ROTF: :banghead: