Sign in to follow this  
persof

Can this be saved?

persof

The PTO clutch in my recently aquired C161 is shot! I could see that the friction material was worn away but when I replaced the friction disk the cast part with the pully groves has a gouge all the way around it. Could this be resurfaced on a lathe?

Thanks

Francis

ptoclutch.jpg

Kelly

I've tosed better ones, I'm sure it could be saved, but at what cost? PTO bells can be had for less than $25

And I see they had the early small disc and the newer large bell, I'd be sure to get the newer large disc and bell, not sure you can get the old 5" I think disc.

MikesRJ

Kelly'll sell you one for $25! :banghead:

persof

That picture is distorted. The diameters are the same. Where can I get a good one?

Thanks

Francis

tmessenger

That picture is distorted. The diameters are the same. Where can I get a good one?

Thanks

Francis

I have a complete assembly with the bell and good disk in the for sale section under C-120 but it may be spoken for, if it doesn't work out I'll let you know.

Tim

Kelly

Mike I have a few extra ones here, I was just saying a nice one with good bearings and all will bring up to $25 I'm sure you can get them cheaper, but going by the wear pattern on the PTO bell it did not go to the outer edge, or even close to the inner edge the newer disc will, and will not be riveted, it will be a bonded disc.

persof

Tim,

Are the part numbers the same throughout the C series tractors and engine sizes?

Thanks

FrancisThanks

persof

Kelly,

Both the friction disk and the PTO bell are 6.75" in diameter. If you have a "good" one that you might want to part with let me know.

How do you change the bearing in side???

Thanks

Francis

Kelly

I should have a PTO bell, not sure about a good disc. send me a PM.