Sign in to follow this  
Tee

4 spd to 8 spd

Tee

anybody ever put in a 8 speed where the 4 speed was? thanks :banghead:

mavfreak

many have including Myself. Do a search on the subject it will help you

both transmission bolt patterns are the same. i dont know what your putting it in though. the ones i've done are round hoods. (just drilling a hole in tool box). if you have a flip up rear fender, yu'll have to modify fender. not a big deal, just measure and be carefull. if later than that with a stationary fender, ask someone here thats done it. i have not. im not going to mislead you.

jimmy

Kelly

What tractor?? if it's a 68 up tractor, it will be a bolt in with no mods at all, you might need a few more things than just the trans but not much, this goes for most but not all tractors, we need to know the model.

TT

Unless we're talking about a totally different tractor here, a check of prior posts shows that it is a 1976 B-80 - but it's not a '76 if it doesn't already have an 8 speed. (unless someone else changed the tranz)

If it is a '74/'75 B-80 4 speed, the only thing that I can think of that will need changed or modified is the cover plate where the shifter comes up through.

Tee

Unless we're talking about a totally different tractor here, a check of prior posts shows that it is a 1976 B-80 - but it's not a '76 if it doesn't already have an 8 speed. (unless someone else changed the tranz)

If it is a '74/'75 B-80 4 speed, the only thing that I can think of that will need changed or modified is the cover plate where the shifter comes up through.

it is the original 4 speed in a 1976 b80. just curious, i may up grade this b80 8 hp to 16 hp and the 8 speedwhen and if i ever get it up and goin. this will be strickly for pullin stock of course for now. thanks

TT

it is the original 4 speed in a 1976 b80

Post the model number off the ID tag, please.