Sign in to follow this  
Lukezab

Wheel Horse Repair in Maine

Lukezab

I sent a post earlier this week looking for advice on the transmission on my 312-8 (High gears not engaging). I'm afraid repairing the transmission is a task to complicated for my skill set, or lack there of...especially with another snow storm looming around the corner. Does anyone know of a good repair guy/gal that works on wheel horses in Maine? Also, can anyone give me a ball park cost on what it's going to take to get this fixed. :banghead::thumbs::ROTF: :hide:

rmaynard

It might be helpful if you mention what town or city in Maine. It's a big state, but I know we have some talented guys up there that may be able to help you.

Bob

Kelly

Or someone near you with a good used trans, swap it in a day.

MaineDad

Where in Maine are you? I am in New Gloucester Give me a call 207-557-2736.

sgtsampay

I live in Bangor maine, if that is closer to you. Jsut give me a call at 745-2297 if you need someone closer than mainedad. :banghead:

Lukezab

Thanks everyone. I'm in Pownal, ME which is right near Freeport. I actually spoke with Maine Dad/ Micah as he's the next town over and he was super helpful (thanks again). Right now it's about scrambling to get a shifter fork and getting it installed before the snow flies. Thanks again to everyone.

For the record, the people on this site are so incredibly helpful....It's awesome.

MaineDad

If he finds a high low shifter fork, I will help him fix it. If not, I have a couple of 8 speeds standing bye... :banghead:

can whlvr

thats whats so great about this site,people willing to help each other