Sign in to follow this  
mattd860

42" Snow Thrower Belt Size

mattd860

I broke the snow thrower belt today. I need belt part # 9750 for my 06-42ST01 Thrower. I would like to see if I can get the belt from my local auto parts store rather than order it but what size is it exactly? My old belt is all shredded and is now buried in the snow somewhere.

Can someone also give me rough dimensions of the idler pulley so I can buy one from the hardware store until the proper TORO spring arrives in the mail.

Thanks

sgtsampay

Its a 69in long belt. Also check out this site, it will help you in the furture. :thumbs: It did for me. Your belt is towards the bottom.

http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/belts/toro_belts.asp

Also, as for as the idler pulleys, I can get those messurements for you tonight, after work, unless someone else beats me to it. :banghead:

mattd860

Its a 69in long belt. Also check out this site, it will help you in the furture. :thumbs: It did for me. Your belt is towards the bottom.

http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/belts/toro_belts.asp

Also, as for as the idler pulleys, I can get those messurements for you tonight, after work, unless someone else beats me to it. :banghead:

Thanks!

sgtsampay

Np. BTW the V pulley is a 4in pulley with a 3/8th center and the other one is a 3 7/8th with a 3/8th center.

mattd860

Oops!!! I made a typo in my first post! I meant to say idler pulley SPRING!!

Non of the idler pulleys fell off but the tension spring fell off and is also buried in the snow somewhere. I'm not sure, but I think the spring fell off first causing the belt to shred.

I hope to pick up a temporary spring at the hardware store today to get my by until the TORO spring arrives in the mail.

sgtsampay

Ahh, ok, that makes a little more sense. LOL. I will go look at the spring later and measure it for you, if I can. But, from my time looking for a replacment spring, most likey the only way to get a new one is at Toro, as its a special long and wide spring that none seems to be able to match it..