Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

520 & 417 Plowing in New Milford,CT Video

stevebo

Here are a few videos that I was able to convince the wife to take :thumbs: Had the salomander heater going in the garage for her :banghead:

We ended up with something like 23-24 inches plus the wind drifts up here are ...well you can see.

Main clean up with the 520

(man was it cold)

th_520video2.jpg

Final clean up with the 417

th_417video.jpg

mattd860

Looks good Steve!!! Did you plow throughout the storm or wait till you got all 20" before starting?

stevebo

I thought I made the mistake of waiting until 95% of the snow fell (morning around 9am) but I was able to get it done. I did cheat just a little on the upper portion of the driveway by using a walk behind snowblower. I did that mostly for placement of the snow rather than the horses not being able to handle it because they could.

Ken B

Great job Steve and nice video work. :ROTF: I see you busted out the 520 for a little more ramming power! I hear ya about the placement of the snow at the end of the drive. It stinks having big piles there and not being able to see when pulling out. I push my end of the drive snow into my neighbors front yard! He don't care as I plow both of his driveways for him. I'm really enjoying all of the snow work video's. Keep em coming guys. :thumbs:

How does that Monkey Wards blower work? I sold all of my walks behinds as I haven't needed them for the past few yrs. :banghead:

COMMANDO1

Great vids, thanks

JimD

Nice videos Steve. Is that power angle on the plow. Did you do a thread on that? I don't recall seeing it if you did.

d180man

Hi nice job on the videos !! :banghead: :thumbs:

Wheelbearing

Running like champ. :banghead:

btrrg1969

That is some deep snow , wow :banghead:

DaveB

Super job. Looks like your driveway slopes uphill at the entrance. That can be a real challenge when the snow plow dumps 4ft there.

jimbotelho

Hey steve you have to show 'big jim' how to post pics :banghead: :thumbs:

dgoyette

Really great videos Stevebo. That is a lot of snow!! That 520 sure looks fun to plow with.

Operator

Now Steve when you say "Cold out" what is your temp? We had 3 above this morn. right now 15, What is cold?

Nice video too.

Randy

stevebo

Randy,

It was around 20 however after being out there for as long as I was it felt like 0 :banghead: I had to stop and warm up a bit in the garage next to the salomander heater (so did the tractor as the throttle froze up too). The 520 is really a powerful machine and the pushing power is much better then the 417.

Operator

20 Degrees!! I know someone who wouldn't even have socks on in that warm of weather :banghead:

Randy

Coadster32

Nice videos Steve. :banghead: Seems like we all might have done more pile ramming than actual plowing. :thumbs:

stevasaurus

20 Degrees!! I know someone who wouldn't even have socks on in that warm of weather :banghead:

Randy

Very nice videos Steve...keep them coming guys...this is great watching. :thumbs:

Randy...I know that guy too. :ROTF: I've plowed 3 times this year...so far, and I can't remember the last time I had socks on. Some time last year though...has not been cold enough yet. :hide:

420lse

Excellent vids. Kudos to the freezing camera person.

truckin88

CT got blasted!!! great pics and video, I see you liked the dodge so much you kept it.

Mopar or no car???

Where is the Power King?????? That thing is awesome