Sign in to follow this  
dgoyette

416-H with Single Stage

dgoyette

Here is a video of the 416-H with single stage. Throws very well!

I broke the chain about 3/4 of the way through completing the driveway. So...I had to take out the D-180 with 56" blade to finish. Boy that was a shame :banghead: That D-180 sure plows snow nice. Amazing. No video of that yet as it got too dark.

You tube video 416-H

420lse

Wow, you're really throwing it. Nice job!!

rob65

Awesome Darren, That machine really throws the snow!

Sparky

Fantastic clip Darren! Were you rescuing that red car at the bottom :banghead: ?

Mike..........

dgoyette

Fantastic clip Darren! Were you rescuing that red car at the bottom :thumbs: ?

Mike..........

Thanks! and yes, that car was not making it another inch. My 4x4 Dakota made it just fine though :banghead:

Ken B

Very nice! I'm going to have to find an ONAN powered snow throwing machine for next yr.

dgoyette

Very nice! I'm going to have to find an ONAN powered snow throwing machine for next yr.

I know that Onan sure sounds nice doesn't it Ken!

d180man

Hi very nice tractor and video ! :banghead: good to hear the d finish it ! :thumbs: :ROTF:

smoreau

:thumbs: looking good , nice vid. :banghead:

stevasaurus

Yet another great video...thanks Darren...you guys really got socked with the snow. :banghead:

Gerry w

Nice Video Darren!!

Sounds real nice, and looks like it had NO problem moving the snow!! Poor little car!!

Glad to hear your trusting the D more, and that the blade is working for you!! :banghead:

Gerry

truckin88

very nice!

jimbotelho

uncle bo may have one Ken :banghead: :thumbs:

sgtsampay

Nice Darren. Was that very powdery? I'm asking, because I can;t go that fast with my 16Hp and the single without it stalling. Hmm.

dgoyette

Nice Darren. Was that very powdery? I'm asking, because I can;t go that fast with my 16Hp and the single without it stalling. Hmm.

Hmm...I can only tell you that on my set up the belt will slip (noticeable squeal) if I go too aggressive but never come close to stalling. Can you hear the governor kick in?

Maybe you need your carb adjusted. My ranger would stall constantly under heavy load until I found just the right carb adjustment. My suspicion is it was running extremely lean as I don't think a bit too rich would cause the stalling I was experiencing.

COMMANDO1

sweet, what tires are you running in the back?

sgtsampay

Darren, yeah I did a little test this morning and ran the motor with about 1/4 choke and I seem to have way more luck with it handling hte snow. We got about 10in and I could blow that in 1 high or 3 low with no issue. The EOD I would have to use 2 low or 3 low and feather the clutch a tad and it great also.

I also, have my clutch adjusted to where it bogs the machine down but squels right before it stalls. Took me forever to fine that sweet mark, now I hope it will stay on that mark for a long time. LOL.

We also had solid powder this morning. Overall, I lvoe this tractor but I want a 2 stage for it badle, so next year I'm thinking about making one.. :banghead:

dgoyette

sweet, what tires are you running in the back?

They are Carlisle Turfs from a C-120. The wheel weights are 70# each and it seems to do very well with this set up.

Bobby - you know I thought it was my belt but no that you mention it I bet the squeal I hear when I get a little too ambitious is the clutch slipping a bit.

MaineDad

Darren,

The single stage did well I see. If the wind was blowing right, you could send some to my house with that Onan :banghead:

My C-120 just muscled through it too with no problems...