Sign in to follow this  
fireman

Did the GT-14 use a front attach-a-matic?

fireman

Hey All,

I want to put a snow blower on my 73' GT-14. There is no attach-a-matic on the front of mine. The GT-14 is a totally different animal then most other :thumbs: tractors. I looked through the WH interchange document and found the blower and the completing kit but neither of these listed or showed how it attaches to the tractor.

Hopefully Duane, Brrly, TT or one of the other more knowledgeable guys will chime in answer this for me. I have the 37" blower I just need to know how to attach it :banghead:

Thanks

TT

The correct blower mounted to the front sides of the frame with one long bolt that passed the whole way from one side to the other through the holes below the sides of the grille shell.

Because the GT-14 frame is wider than the "standard" garden tractor frame, the mounting frame on the thrower actually fastened to the outside of the auger housing (instead of on the inside like the regular garden tractor models) and it still required a "filler" shim on the left side.

If you feel adventurous, you could make up a front Attach-Matic hitch that will bolt to the frame. You'd have to drill a few holes in the frame though. :banghead:

fireman

Thanks TT! No wonder I couldn't find anything. I have the assembly drawing and it shows the long bolt. I will see if I make an interface bracket to mate my blower to the frame without messing up the proper geometry too bad.