Sign in to follow this  
harleyjj

briggs carb help needed

harleyjj

Where can I find instructions on how to rebuild the carb on an 11hp briggs?

wildman

Be sure to remove the main nozzle before you attempt to pull the top part of the carb off.Other than that.They are rather easy to do .Good luck.

CTPATRIOT

Be sure to remove the main nozzle before you attempt to pull the top part of the carb off.Other than that.They are rather easy to do .Good luck.

Good advice,i didn't do this once.... :banghead:

Shuboxlover

Good advice,i didn't do this once.... :banghead:

Me too :thumbs:

harleyjj

Thanks for all of the advice! where is the best place to buy a rebuild kit?

theoldwizard1

In order to "do it right" get yourself a bucket of ChemDip. About $20 at any good auto parts store. After disassembly, soak all part at least overnight (strainer basket included). One bucket should last you a lifetime.

BTW: Google briggs carb rebuild. There are 3 or 4 basic kinds (VacuJet, FloJet, etc.) so you have to figure out which kind you have. There are even some decent videos on YouTube.

Newer B&S single verticals I believe use a Walbro carb.

KB9LOR

Get the Number off the Carb, I can price you one, some you can pick up local to you for a good price others that are high I can get cheaper.

gwest_ca

The nozzle for the 2-piece Flow-jet carb has a tapered seat above the threads. Once the nozzle is removed and reinstalled there is a 90% chance the taper will not seat. Fuel will drip out the carb intake when not running. When running it sucks it up and burns it.

Loctite or Permatex make a teflon paste pipe thread sealer that will work with gas. Take a toothpick and apply a thin layer to the tapered seat of the nozzle only and problem solved.

Garry

harleyjj

I can not find a number on the carburaetor. The engine is a model 252417 type 0198-01 code 79031511 if that helps any

TT

Carb # is 392033

Carb kit is #394989

Correct needle & seat kit for use with a fuel pump is #394683 (not included in above kit)

flyovrcntry

I don't buy the kits if I don't have to,they are just too expensive because you are paying for a lot of parts that you either don't need or they are not for your carb.Just take the id numbers and buy the parts you need.

harleyjj

Thanks guys! I will try and rebuild the carb this weekend and see how it runs

harleyjj

well I rebuilt the carb sunday and it seems to run better now, still struggling to get it dialed in just right but I will get it. Also installed a new battery and new ground cable and WOW what a difference in starting! One thing I noticed is it now seems to pop from the exhaust after shutting it off??? :banghead:

dwayneGT

I made that mistake the first time I rebuilt one the nozzle broke and had to be replaced :banghead: