Sign in to follow this  
876wheelhorse

When the horse does a Deeres job.....

876wheelhorse

Got home tonight seen wasnt gonna get into the drive so park along the road. went up got dressed warm clothes and went out got on the john deere 210. I have a snow blower on it. I have went and filled the tires with rimgaurd. It wasnt one pass and blower quit sheared a pin. didnt have a pin so put a bolt in it til the morning. I was thinking the whole time before i break the blower wonder if the 856 will start up. Havent had much room so been leaving it out behind the shed with a tarp on it. I uncovered and thought it would be something if this started up it has been a month since I had it started but been out in the cold and that usually drains the battery down. Well the choke cable was frozen but I was able to get the choke to work under the hood. I hit the key and the battery was weak but it fired pretty much right up. I have a blade on it and not a ounce of weights on this other than my 190 pound butt on the seat. This thing was unstoppable tonight it pushed snow like no other. I had more fun on it pushing and in amazement that it was doing this being that small of a tractor. My 876 never pushed it that way. I guess that is why i like a standard tranny better than hydro.. Welll thought i would tell the story........... :banghead:

JimD

Great story! It just goes to show you, never underestimate a pony. :banghead:

perry

not sure about your 876, but my 877 rocked. i pushed snow many years here with it and it was a blast zipping around the driveway with the hydro. it would climb some good size snow mounds :thumbs: . i only had tire chains on it.

the return spring for the hydro lever is broke and the lever would drop full speed. i would feather it with the foot controls. great little machine, but allways thought it needed just a little more uumf!. allways wanted to drop a 10hp-12hp on it and see what it would do.

now my 1277 pushed good and has the HP, but it still didn't seem as good as the 877. i have had my share of C-series here and they just couldn't do the job i wanted them to, so they had to move on. and thats one reason why i switch brands for my working tractors.

i retierd my 877 a few years ago to the shed and my 1277 is a sunday driver. i just about posted my 877 on RS forsale this year, but i just cant seem to part with it. but all it does is sit in the shed now with a bad head gasket :banghead:

stevasaurus

Shoot that deer and pick up a couple of more horses...great story. :banghead: My Kohlers only need about a turn to start, and temperature doesn't seem to mater. :thumbs:

corn53

That mater from Cars is hilarious!! :banghead:

Wheelbearing

My Kohler would always fire. Even in 20 degrees out with a foot of snow on it.

876wheelhorse

yeah i like the fact that i have a blower on the deere but that is only good if there is big drifts and the horse cant push that amount of snow. today i was out there twice tackling a drift with the horse. i need a new belt it squeals time to time, anyone have a part number from napa on that. 856 drive belt.........any ideas how to make a choke cable to quit freezing what to spray in there?

d180man

Hi Great story ! :banghead: time to kick the deer out and put the :hide: in ! :thumbs: :ROTF:

T-Mo

Kick the Deere over to my place.