Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

Heater Cab Question

Sparky

How is it a 15 amp unit :banghead: ? A 300 watt load at 12 volts is 25 amps which seems like more than your tractors output.

Maybe theres something here I dont get (as usual :thumbs: ).

Mike........

MikesRJ

You could get all the heat you want with a computer fan, a rheostat, and a little tin metal fabrication :banghead: Why buy something like that when your sitting on a great heat generator?

Operator

I bought one of those from Northern two years ago for my Bobcat. Easy fast mounting. Sits under the seat front, good enough to keep winshield from steaming up and does put out a little heat . Barely feel fan blowing.

I wouldn't buy another one, they are cheaper at Northern too. Right now on the "E" there is a quartz heater for $189 but I don't think our Horses could handle the amp draw.

Hope this helps.

Randy

can whlvr

i once tried the duct from the engine blower,i had too many fumes so i took it off

AMC RULES

Just simply adding a cab to my tractor seems to capture enough of the residual heat emitted from the engine to make it quite cozy in there. Put a heater in there and you'll be plowing in your speedo. :banghead:

Horse'n Around

Put a heater in there and you'll be plowing in your speedo. :thumbs:

:banghead:

C-160 Tractor

it's not so much that you need the heat but something to keep the windows from steaming up would be nice.

I noticed some on my windows towards the end of snowblowing before parking it.

Jim_M

Just simply adding a cab to my tractor seems to capture enough of the residual heat emitted from the engine to make it quite cozy in there. Put a heater in there and you'll be plowing in your speedo. :banghead:

I agree. I have a cab on a 416-H with a snowblower on it and on a sunny 25 degree day it get's warm enough to be almost uncomfortable.

Jim_M

All-

What do you all think of this heater?

http://cgi.ebay.com/12V-UTV-ATV-CUB-CADET-...=item230d2d77d2

Will a charging system on a 417 handle this output/draw??

That heater will drain your battery faster than your alternator will charge it. A 300 watt electric heater puts out less heat than your wife's hair dryer, you won't be happy.

I tried one in a diesel truck once, thought it might help warm up the cab until I could build some heat in the engine. About all it did was make dash lights dim when I was idling, still froze for the first 10 miles.

AMC RULES

Only drawback I see from plowing in your speedo idea is that everyone will think you're nekkid frome the waist down. :thumbs: Better scratch the heater idea. :banghead: