Sign in to follow this  
jimbo7921

520 mower decks

jimbo7921

hi there, would anybody have a link for available decks that would attach to a 520h. Am considering down sizing my 60" to a 48" and can't seem to find any links or discussions on the subject. thx alot jim

TT

Any 48" deck manufactured for the 1973 & newer :banghead: garden tractors with the Attach-Matic hitch system will work.

jimbo7921

thx TT, didn't know that. Secound question, the 60" i have is the real heavy one made with 3/16 plate, did toro have these decks made of the same material in a 48" deck? thx jim

zieg72

thx TT, didn't know that. Secound question, the 60" i have is the real heavy one made with 3/16 plate, did toro have these decks made of the same material in a 48" deck? thx jim

The 48" and down were stamped out. As mentioned previously 73 on up will work but find something from the later 90's if you can, they seemed to reinforce some of the problem area's of the earlier decks and the steel rod around the bottom edge made them more heavy duty IMO.

jimbo7921

thx zieg72, so i guess what your saying is that there is no 48 built as heavy as the 60 i have. If thats the case i will keep what i have. thx jim

zieg72

thx zieg72, so i guess what your saying is that there is no 48 built as heavy as the 60 i have. If thats the case i will keep what i have. thx jim

If the 60" deck is doing a great job for you then keep it. They say you won't find a deck that cuts nicer. I had one but didn't like it for a few reasons, the low cut and the weight of it.

AMC RULES

Strange, I thought the 60" was the most sought after deck out there. :banghead:

jimbo7921

yeah, i know it is.... but a 3/4 acre lot with a house and 3 of my wifes big flower beds and 3 or 4 big trees dosen't leave me alot of time on my mower. If i had the smaller deck it would take 5 or 10 extra minutes.

AMC RULES

I feel your pain buddy. :banghead:

Kevin Lipscomb

I have a 60" deck also. Like Jimbo7921 with less than an acre a house, shop, and driveway and trees it is too big. I put a 48" on my 520 and cut the mowing time down about 15 min less. But the 60" mows real nice.

AMC RULES

I'm trying to find an on-line parts manual for the deck I got with my 520. :thumbs: If I'm reading it correctly, it looks like it's model # is 0542ms05. Can anyone help me locate one to order parts from? :thumbs:

stevebo

I have had both the 48 and 60 on my 520 and due to the size of the yard I have now I prefer the 60. I have a very clean 48 inch that I would trade for a 60 inch if anyone is interested.. :thumbs: I could bring it to the show in PA....