Sign in to follow this  
jomama

plow

jomama

I have read the many posts on the subject of snow/dozer blades and looked at the descriptions of the 3 different lenghts. Of all the pics there are, I havent seen one that directly shows how the frame hooks up to the rear of the machine. Here is my problem, I have located a dozer blade which is off a C-145 model from the early 80s. My machie is a C-125 from the same time frame. The seller tells me its all there with the hookup attached. When I asked just how it mounts he told me there are supposed to be some type of hooks or C shaped attechments on the tractor where it mounts. Well after being under and around this machine in the last week or so I do not remember seeing and such mounting points under there. Can anyone help me out with a pic ? I realy dont want to drive 200 m iles round trip for something I wont be able to use. Also he said his had a hydraulic lift?. Mine does not. Is this going to be another problem? Any help here much appreciated.

TT

The rear hitch was sold separately and mounts to the rear axle housings.

LINK to an old eBay auction (decent pictures)

Some not-so-good pictures of one of mine:

052808005.jpg

052808007.jpg

The rear crossbar of the A frame simply latches into the notches in the bottom of the bracket.

jomama

Thanks a million for the info . Those pics were particularly helpful. Now I know just what that bracket looks like. (Its the one I dont Have on mine.) Man by the time I buy the plow, drive 180 miles round trip and then try and hunt down a mounting bracket this is getting pretty expensive . Now I have to seriously weigh the old is it worth it question.

jomama

Also, in this situation is the question, Will the standard mechanical lift be enough for the dozer blade which this blade had been described as. ( the owner said it has springs on it much like a full size snow plow.) I have seen references to the hydraulic lift which I believe was on the ractor this blade camo from . I believe it was a C-145.

Sparky

Their not really that heavy to lift with a manual lift tractor. I wouldnt let that scare you off getting it. The rear axle brackets are on E-Bay all the time and I'm sure a "wanted post" in the classifieds here at Redsquare will get you one shipped to your door so you wont have to drive far for it.

Mike.........

jomama

Thanks for the heads up sparky. I guess Ill go for it. The man said its almost mint shape with the angle adjustment lever etc. $150 sounds reasonable.

can whlvr

going to the wanted or classified setion is the way to go,once u have a plow it really makes the horse handy,they can be used with dirt,gravel etc,and if u are handy u can make a set easily with some angle iron and flat bar,no welding but u will need an angle grinder and a drill,some bolts and some help from here.

can whlvr

sorry,i forgot to say if needed i have a set that i can photograph for u,they are not installed so i could put a tape measure beside,just ask if needed

dgjks6

I would call the guy and ask him if the bracket comes with the plow. If it does, just take a 9/16 socket and wrench with you and take off his tractor. If he has the bracket, then for $150 - if in good shape - I think it is well worth the drive. I've driven further for less.

Kelly

I bought a like new 48" plow a few weeks ago off CL for $125 I called the guy and asked if he had the rear bracket, he had no idea, but looked at his tractor and it was on it, I told him it should go with the plow, he said no problem and pulled it off for me. never hurts to ask.

stevasaurus

Kelly makes a great point, and I would try that. :thumbs: But if the guy will not part with it, they are easy to find. I have had a couple of them given to me, and I have also passed them on for just the shipping. I just shipped one in a flat rate box for around $18.00 shipping. I know a guy with a box of them, send me a PM if you cannot find one. :banghead: