Sign in to follow this  
Ken B

More fun with the C-160

Ken B

I live in a private community that is located up a pretty treacherous hill. (you CT. guys that have been to my place know what I'm talking about) The plow guy usually doesn't get here till 8pm or so. When it snows most people that have 2 wheel drive have to park at the bottom of the hill overnight, its a long walk home. I clear the snow to the top of the hill so they dont have to walk all the way home thru the snow. What I'm pushing in the video is only about 40% of what I actually clear when it snows. I also get to do a few driveways plus my own. It sure is nice with the cab! I'm a pretty popular guy in the hood. :banghead: Here is yesterdays vid:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Feathercrafter...u/0/Ed1GhoPV1tA

Last weeks vid: http://www.youtube.com/user/Feathercrafter...u/1/z_JoYjnt3ww

CTPATRIOT

Nice video.I can't believe how well these WH's push snow,unreal :banghead: .

Sparky

Great vidoe Ken! That sucker looks like its not even strugglin to push the snow.

Mike..........

chesbaycruiser

Love it Ken...great vid! I covet my neighbor's precipitation!!! :banghead:

farmer

Ken,

Bit like a :banghead: fly by, you were really moving.. you haven't found another gear have you!? :thumbs:

Polaris2007

I think he is showing the video at 1.5x normal playback speed :banghead:

Ken B

Ken,

Bit like a :banghead: fly by, you were really moving.. you haven't found another gear have you!? :thumbs:

Shoot, I was only running her about 3/4 on the throttle and about the same on the hydro lever. Ya do need a little momentum to push the heavy stuff. :ROTF:

rickv1957

Your :thumbs: Doing a great job there Ken!! :banghead:

racinfool40

:thumbs: Now thats what I'm talkin about!!!! :banghead: I'm still waiting to have some fun like that..Great vid!!!!

massey

That looks sweet. How long does a tank of gas last?

Ken B

I'll have to pay a little closer attention to that. I fill it more often than I need to because I don't want to run out of gas down the road. :banghead:

MaineDad

wow - that's a lot of plow'n :banghead:

Ken B

It sure is a lot of plowing. I don't always do the road, mostly only when we get 4 inches or more. With all the budgetary cuts over the past few yrs. the snow crews no longer plow with the storm, they plow AFTER the storm. Being a private community we are the low man on the totem pole, the plow guy didn't get up to my neighborhood until 4am this morning. By the time I got home from work yesterday at 4pm there was already 9 inches on the roads in my community.

btrrg1969

Thats alot of snow , looks like a winter wonderland . It always impresses me how much snow these tractors can pus and with ease , cool video , nice set up :banghead:

420lse

You make it look soo easy. Nice job.

DaveB

Nice job Bro!!! We had 14 inches up here in Wolcott and I had a blast pushing the snow myself. No snowblower this time! It's all about momemtum and speed with the big stuff...thanks for the advice. I'll try not to wipe out the tractor on a curb.

hm12460

Nice video Ken. It has been my totally un-biased opinion that these older Wheel Horses set the standard for garden sized plow tractor's. I've plowed with a Cub Cadet 1650, 102, and a 129, John Deere 200 series (many) and they just don't do as well as a Wheel Horse. I was plowing snow here in West Michigan with my B-80 until this morning with no wheel weights or chains. It truly is amazing what you can do with one of these little jewels.

Ken B

I've been playin with tractors since I was 12, over 30 yrs. now. I've have owned many different 1960's vintage Cub Cadets, John Deeres, Sears Super Suburbans, Allis Chalmers and even a tall wheel Case 444. The Case was the only one that pushed snow like a Wheel Horse but it fell short in many other categories. The others eventually got the job done but either the snow blades were overly heavy if using an armstrong or the blade didn't angle from the seat. The Sears blades did angle from the seat but the rest of the design in their blade was kinda crappy.

The Wheel Horse's just kinda bear down and dig in. None of the other brands I have owned will climb the pile and stack it up like a Horse! :banghead:

stevebo

Ken,

YOu need to bring that sucker up here and hook it up to the 417-8. I think I may have a leg or (1hp) on you :banghead: The old man misses that cab !!!!

Ken B

That would be a pretty good match Steve. I recall riding your 417 around when you had it at my house and I do in fact remember it being very strong.

I have no idea how I ever got along without having a snow cab. Is it me or does it actually get a little warm in there? I don't think I will ever be without one from now on.

Zeek

That thing does a fine job pushing that much snow! That's a lot of weight!

Coadster32

:thumbs: That thing is a tank!! Awesome plowing! :banghead:

stevebo

Ken.

It gets abot 10-20 degrees warmer in there. The 417 may be a bit of new paint over the summer. Need to keep it as the plow machine for sure. Cab will stay on it and you are right, you just cannot be without it, especially up here on the windy mountain.

Gene_S

Great video Ken... :thumbs:

When I plow that much snow with my 416-8 it pushs the front end sideways... :banghead:

I'm with you Mike (racinfool40) I'm ready too... :ROTF:

dclarke

That looks like fun Ken, :banghead: thanks for the video.