Sign in to follow this  
jomama

reg/rec

jomama

Ok lads, I am one of the newest bembers here and I have been reading everythng I can . It seems the reg/rec part is kinda hard to find and you usually have to resort to e-bay and used stuff. I never did like buying used elect parts. So here is a little bit of info I thought I'd pass along for what its worth. There is a web site called Oregonmotorcycleparts.com that leads to a company which I believe is a one man show that makes these parts for old yamaha motorcycles and maybe others. The owner is Tony Weeks and he gaurantee his parts forever. These units resemble the ones on the wheel horse units and I know nothing of heir internal similariities but I was wondering if this fellow could help out especially if he knew the demand . Check out the web site. Just my 2 cents from snowy thurman ny

WheelHorse_of_course

Hi Jo, :thumbs:

While it is true exact replacement regulator/rectifiers are hard to find for some engines, there is consider flexibility with regards to allowable substitutions.

The biggest problem in any case is not availability but price.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the info!

:ROTF: :banghead:

Save Old Iron

the vast majority of motorcycle rectifier regulators operate on a three phase arrangement and are not compatible with the style of regulator and rectifiers used on garden tractors (which are single phase)

rmaynard

I don't know what you consider to be "high" priced, but there are many sites online that sell replacement regulator/rectifiers for under $50.00.

I have been successful in using old regulators from parted tractors. (Clean the contacts and ground.) Since the average person cannot repaired them internally, you don't have any other choice than to buy used or new.

Here is a link that I found for one under $50.00 new.

http://www.milfordpower.com/R10297-Kohler-...or-p/r10297.htm

However, on eBay now, there is a seller with these same regulators for $38.10 + $6.00 S&H. Just do a search for "R10297".

Keep your eyes open on eBay and occasionally you will luck into one for under $20.00 with reasonable shipping. I found a brand new Kohler, in the box for $10.00.

Bob