Sign in to follow this  
CTPATRIOT

Drive belt question?

Operator

Hey Patriot I'm still :banghead:

CTPATRIOT

I swapped the green belt for a new Napa black one.After adjusting the front wire guide it works better,but i'm having a slipping problem :banghead: .The tension seems fine when the lever is down.There's ALOT of drag from the hydro pump when it's engaged though.I was going to change the ATF but it looks like new.

Buzz

There's ALOT of drag from the hydro pump when it's engaged though.I was going to change the ATF but it looks like new.

The previous owner might have had the same problem with the hydro and changed the fluid to see if it helped.......

Why did you go from the NAPA green to their black belt when the problem wasn't the belt but was something else? Think OEM.

CTPATRIOT

There's ALOT of drag from the hydro pump when it's engaged though.I was going to change the ATF but it looks like new.

The previous owner might have had the same problem with the hydro and changed the fluid to see if it helped.......

Why did you go from the NAPA green to their black belt when the problem wasn't the belt but was something else? Think OEM.

The coating wore right off the green belt,i figured i'd try the black.What about the Kevlar from TSC???

can whlvr

i have read here that some people have good luck with non oem belts,i have not,i have to wait for my dealer to get enough of an order to get from toro,he will let me pay for something and then i drive 40 miles to the canadian toro warehouse and they will give me my order,i will do this for a belt before i will use a non oem,just as others have already said.

Brrly1

OEM they fit better, last longer basically the only way to go. I'll bet you have already spent $30 bucks plus fuel to get back and forth. Every belt I have purchased has always been OEM. You are just wasting money. Good Luck

See Ya, Bye Burly :banghead:

:thumbs:

P.S. Basically the same with trans filters

TT

There's ALOT of drag from the hydro pump when it's engaged though.

Maybe it's just me, but if there's that much drag at the pump, I'd be investigating the possibility of it being the problem. (These tractors normally don't eat belts)

The excessive dust around the engine pulley is a obvious sign that the belt is trying to turn a pump that doesn't want to turn.

CTPATRIOT

Well,the new black belt i bought is toast.The good news is i think i found the problem.I put the belt on the same as the old one,and i believe it was wrong.This time i placed the belt on TOP of the shelf inside the guard,and snugged up the front wire guard.I plowed a bit and was pushing snow up over the top of the blade,with NO chains!!!I'm part to blame on this one but i'm VERY happy with it now.It does take alot of power to run the Sundstrand with the little 8,but it's fun when you know how to drive it(and working correctly) :banghead: .Here's a few pics,i only stopped to use the camera.I could have gone on and on.

877plwg.jpg

877plwg2.jpg