Sign in to follow this  
dw1973

Standard Garden Tractor

dw1973

Picked this one up for my daughter. Standards were built before Bantams. Needs the correct motor - Briggs 9FB and an AC corporate orange paint job. Guessing it was built around 1949 or 50.

1.jpg

VinsRJ

Thats a nice clean unit! I would leave it just the way it is.

MikesRJ

Nice find. :ychain:

rob65

Very cool.

rickv1957

Nice tractor!!!

Horse'n Around

Thats really a super neat tractor. Not taking a single thing away from the tractors made in the 60's and later.I absolutely love my 702, I think the roundhoods look really classy but these older tractor like this regardless of brand have a charm that's all their own.

John

dw1973

Thanks - I have not seen another "Standard" on the front grill model and cannot find much info on them.

Buzz

Wow! That's beautiful. :ychain: I guess I'll have to get off my lazy butt and finish my Bantam 3000. Your Standard looks identical to mine. Did you check these Bantam sites? Post your photo on the Yahoo site, a lot of knowledgeable people there.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bantamgardentractorclub/

http://www.bantamtractor.com/index.html

dw1973

They do look the same - The grill on this one says Standard on it instead of Bantam. I posted on the Yahoo Bantam site - not much participation going on at that site.

Buzz

When did you post? I was just on that site and there hasn't been a new post in three weeks. I forwarded this thread to Bill Mac Innis. He is extremely knowledgeable on the Bantams and has a lot of info on them. I'll let you know when he answers me.

CasualObserver

Buzz, he posts some... That's the Dave of taraanddave@email. He's been actively looking for Bantam stuff and has that Suburban 400 offered for trades.

But you're right Dave.... not much activity on that group. You're pretty much the only person who's posted since I got my Bantam and joined. There's been a couple other posts, but not much. If you go back and read from the beginning (there's only like 1200 posts) you'll catch a lot. I printed the whole log and read through it in a couple nights and learned a lot. Lots of stuff was discussed over and over, so you'll get to skip quite a bit.

And by the way... I think that tractor above looks pretty sharp in yellow.

dw1973

I have a few posts but did not get much feed back on the Yahoo group.

Buzz - let me know what Bill says about Standard tractors.

I traded the Suburban for a Bantam and then traded the Bantam for a Struck mini dozer which I am currently restoring.