Sign in to follow this  
drydave

Newbie with 702 and ?'s

puddlejumper

Thanks, I will have to look for sure but I think My 552,753,and 63 LR are all either up or down with no notches in between.My 64LR carcus is also up or down.

drydave

DDave, please excuse me for highjacking your thread for a observation/question.

Guys I notice that on daves tractor the implement lift has a multiposition Height selector my 552 does not have this and I cant tell for sure if kiwis 502 has it or not due to glare in the picture. Was this a optional height selector or a Mod by somebody. :ychain: Just curious never seen one like it.

Sorry dave, Inquiring minds want to Know.

Hijack away- I'm here to learn! Unloaded it in the shop last night, and noticed the differential housing seemed to have a different shade/age of red paint than the rest of the machine- and in the pic it almost looks like the height selector is a different shade as well. I'll look closer in a few days to see if was an obvious mod or not- may not be able to tell for certain.

drydave

DDave, please excuse me for highjacking your thread for a observation/question.

Guys I notice that on daves tractor the implement lift has a multiposition Height selector my 552 does not have this and I cant tell for sure if kiwis 502 has it or not due to glare in the picture. Was this a optional height selector or a Mod by somebody. :banghead: Just curious never seen one like it.

Sorry dave, Inquiring minds want to Know.

Definitely a mod...

IMG00156-20110103-1410.jpg

drydave

Well gentlemen, thought my luck may have changed, ran across a Tecumseh HM80 155 that I could get really cheap, fresh overhaul/rebuild. Swap out the flywheel and add a starter could make it electric start. The little research I did online looks like it was built for snowblowers. What would you guys/experts suggest? :banghead:

Holes in frame- weld closed and grind, or would that harden the original material and create a stress point?

IMG00154-20110103-1409.jpg

cobbled, but solid:

IMG00157-20110103-1410.jpg

Engine will "almost" work- a little wide, have to shift to the clutch side for pulley(s) to line up- which without moving engine forward a little over an inch, the clutch/brake pedal will hit the recoil. I can fab an exhaust, pretty sure I could fab a tube/mount for the carb and cleaner to go out the non-clutch side to move the engine forward. Biggest problem is create an engine mount to use both frame rails, but without raising the height (barely 1/8" clearance between engine shield and bottom edge of hood. Did the original engines mount direct or was there an anti-vibe material? I am somewhat tempted to fab some hood mounts that raise the hood up and forward, as well as allow it to tilt for service (the dipstick/oil fill are under the hood) without messing up the hood. I am open to suggestions-including finding another engine...... :ROTF:

IMG00163-20110103-1419.jpg

IMG00158-20110103-1417.jpg

IMG00160-20110103-1417.jpg

IMG00162-20110103-1418.jpg

IMG00161-20110103-1418.jpg

:thumbs:

Kelly

I have two beater round hood here that have the same basic set up, but both of them they hacked the hood up to fit it in there.

Operator

No Honda :thumbs::ROTF: says :banghead:

Randy

sorekiwi

I had a 654 with an HM80 in it for a while. The motor had been fitted before I got it, and the hood had been hacked to make it fit. My motor sat further forward than yours, there were aircleaner to hood issues and the hood did hit on the shroud. The motor was mounted on a 1/16 plate bolted to the frame. Ugly, but seemed to work OK. A ton of power though, as much as any of the little Kohlers I've had in a roundhood.

IMG_2270.jpg

IMG_2551.jpg

IMG_2548.jpg

You havent left much room for a battery there (if you decide to go electric start). Kevin (Kpinnc) has a picture somewhere here of a little motor cycle battery that would probably work with your setup.

I've never worried about welding on the frame. I'm fairly sure its plain old mild steel and pretty forgiving of the welding process.

All the early tractors used solid mount engines.

puddlejumper

Dave, Ive got a h60 pull start that I know nothing about,It came on a 64lr that was being restored by a local man who did lawnmower repair here in town. He quit and it set for years. He had started painting the mower and I am sure the engine ran fine at the time he quit :banghead: It has no compression now but I think the exhaust valve is stuck open. Really dont know for sure because Ihave never investigated. If interested send me a PM.