Sign in to follow this  
Shuboxlover

Is this thing stock?!?!?!?

Shuboxlover

Got a lead on this thing today....

Does anything look out of place?

Is that the correct engine? It doesn't seem to be, but i am no expert on the GT14...

What do you think would be a reasonable price...owner says it runs good.

Thanks

gt141.jpg

gt144.jpg

gt143.jpg

gt142.jpg

HorseFixer

Nope! <_< look how they hacked :ychain: and i did say hacked

the cast iron front for the air cleaner!

Shuboxlover

I wondered if that was a hack job :D:ychain: :D

Kelly

That is a Briggs in there they came with Kohler 14hp engines

Shuboxlover

Is it even worth $300???

Docwheelhorse

Cast iron piece doesn't looked anymore hacked than the way Wheel Horse did the GT2500 with the 11 Briggs and a few others that Wheel Horse themselves nibbled a notch into the hood. If that big one lunger Briggs runs good I would paint it all the same color and run t. Worse has been done and that is not an incorrectable fault if you wanted to do a factory original restore in the future.

Tony

flyovrcntry

Wrong engine,wrong gas tank f the gas tank is also the grill,and I think they all had elect clutch. That clutch rod looks like it is only attached to sheet metal.

Docwheelhorse

I would also say it is worth the $300... the GT14 is a heck of a machine and whoever put the Briggs in did manage to hook up the PTO and everything else in a decent fashion.

Tony

wh79d160
Is it even worth $300???
Ask your wife. :ychain:

Shuboxlover

Is it even worth $300???
Ask your wife. :ychain:

who :D

ol550

It looks like you are a collector, so I would say if your disposable income allows ... go for it. As for the notch in the grill, just smooth it up to look less hacked. Clean up the grill look, reinforce the clutch rod mount. Then shoot it with your best red paint and show it off. Mike

Brrly1

$150-$200 That tractor has been Hacked big time I do't think I would give over $250 but it would have to run really good. It would also have to depend on actually how much you really want the tractor. I have a GT14 runs really good that I would sell you for $425 that hasn't been hacked, original tractor. If you need a front grille,let me know. I have the solid grille or even the 69 grille that is hollow and shows the fuel tank. With that tractor being it is the way it is I take the fuel tank is on the motor? I think no more than $200. Not even close to original. Good Luck See Ya, Bye Burly :ychain:

:D

P.S. putting that fuel tank that close to the battery would make me really nervous. YIKES!!!

Jim_M

I'm no expert on Briggs motors, maybe somebody else here knows the answer to this.....Will that Briggs take the thrust load that the clutch puts on it?

Brrly1

Yup, I guess if I would have looked at pictures closer I would have already known that. It looks like it is a 69 model year by looking at the hood. So the front grille would normally have a five gallon gas tank showing thru it. In late 69-early 70 they changed the grille over to being solid so they didn't have to replace as many fuel tanks. Too many changes for me. If you feel lucky, go for it.

See Ya, Bye Burly :ychain:

:D

rickv1957

Get the one from John!!! :ychain:

stoneman

if you get it and keep it the way it is, you might consider mounting an auxiliary fuel tank. you won't get far with the one that's on it. :ychain:

CTPATRIOT

That install looks like a decent one,i've seen MUCH worse that's for sure.If it runs/drives good and was cheap,it would be a good worker.

jusjeepn

Well that Briggs alone could bring that kind of money to an off brand collector. It really depends on what you want to do with it. Is it to be a money maker? or bread winner? I think Jim is on to something on the load on that Briggs. It wasn't designed to drive like that.

Is it worth $300? You decide......

catman81056

Didn't the B&S motors used on the B111 have some kind of bearing plate to take the load of the clutch system? I thought I saw that some where.

TT

Yes - the horizontal shaft / aluminum block Briggs engines had a thrust (ball) bearing mounted inside the tractor drive pulley.

The model number of that B&S on the GT-14 will eliminate the guesswork.

HankB

I see what looks like a grill for this tractor listed on Craigslist in Chicago. It's been up several times for $25. If you're interested, I can provide the link via PM. (Not my listing so I won't post - and I know nothing more about the seller.)

-hank

Operator

Shoot the seller $200 then settle on $250. I myself would buy the one from John - Brrrly, but he is a bit far away from you. But he might meet you half way :ychain: .

Randy

mavfreak

An electric PTO clutch would take any worries out of the thrust bearing but I would be Leary on how long the manual PTO has been there. If damage has been done cause the thrust bearing has not put on there it would be an expensive fix. I thought GT14's had electric PTOs. Maybe owner still has it? Still seems high on price for a non original.