Sign in to follow this  
perry

question with plow turn handle.

perry

needs some help with mounting a plow on my B-100. my question is can i use the older style straight left & right handle, or do i have to use this one in the pic with the 2 90 degree bends.? {#20 in pic} are the bends there to avoid the right side brake pedal. if any one has one forsale, please let me know. otherwise ill have to make one. also can i use the straight flat lift bar that go's to the upper lift point? or do i have to attach it to the mower deck lift arm?.

48R10002.gif

Sparky

The plow on my B-100 has the bends in it like the pic you posted and yes, it needs em to clear the brakepedal. I have three 42" plows and they all have the same bends in the angle arm so I would think that they are pretty common and not hard to find.

Mike......

nylyon

Yep, mine has the bend as well. I read somewhere that there was a bracket which you could buy (or make just as easily) which would hook to the lift directly. The advantage of this was wth hydro's it you could give it down pressure. Mine hooks to the mower lift with a short bar, no down pressure.

Sparky

I'm wondering if you might have a 42" short frame plow instead of a long frame plow. Heres how to tell the difference; the short frame's frame is shaped just like an "A"(tapers all the way). The long frame's frame is also like an "A" but it straightens out (no taper)before it gets to the rear of the frame. The plow in the pic you posted is a long frame plow.

Mike.........

perry

yes it is a long frame plow. it just did'nt come with a turn handle.

sorekiwi

I got a short frame plow with my B80. I fitted it to the tractor for the first time a couple of weeks ago.

It doesnt have the bends in the arm, and yes it needs them to clear the brake pedal. I'll probably just make a new arm.

Mike