Sign in to follow this  
W9JAB

take a look at this

W9JAB

bootpix.jpg

boosttext.jpg

Duff

"relative inertia" .... "fluid dynamics".....

If it were fluid we were talking about, then this might make some sense to me, much as slamming shut a valve in a water line creates "water hammer" which can be overcome by a pressure relief valve or tank in the line. But since air is a gas with very, very little weight, or "mass", I'm not sure his description of a "pressure wave" is significant enough to make much difference. Think of it this way: if you throw a cup of air at somebody, they'll be lucky to even notice it. Throw a cup of water at them and I can almost guarantee they'll be PO'd!

Anybody in our group got a background in this kind of physics? :ychain:

Duff :D

Coadster32

Interesting. Where did you find this?

TT

If you're installing it on a piston-ported two-cycle engine, the answer is YES - they do work.

If you want to use it on the Kohler engine on your Wheel Horse, you might as well mount it vertically on the seat. :ychain:

wheelhorse656

"relative inertia" .... "fluid dynamics".....

If it were fluid we were talking about, then this might make some sense to me, much as slamming shut a valve in a water line creates "water hammer" which can be overcome by a pressure relief valve or tank in the line. But since air is a gas with very, very little weight, or "mass", I'm not sure his description of a "pressure wave" is significant enough to make much difference. Think of it this way: if you throw a cup of air at somebody, they'll be lucky to even notice it. Throw a cup of water at them and I can almost guarantee they'll be PO'd!

Anybody in our group got a background in this kind of physics? :ychain:

Duff :D

what if the can was pressurized? wouldent that work?

Buzz

If you want to use it on the Kohler engine on your Wheel Horse, you might as well mount it vertically on the seat. :ychain:

OUCH! :D That don't sound like no fun at all :D

W9JAB

:ychain: your right, this is for a two cycle motor.

puddlejumper

If you want to use it on the Kohler engine on your Wheel Horse, you might as well mount it vertically on the seat. :D

Think it would control any unwanted air flow in that position? :ychain: