Zeek

Tire Size Question

Zeek

I have a 72 Raider 12 with 16x6.5x8 turf tires on the front.

I want to replace them with either saw tooth tread or ribs. While I am researching this, can anyone tell me what the size means?

I know 16 is the rim diameter. The 6.5 and 8 are what I am not clear on :ychain:

Cody

the 8 is the rim diameter, the 16 is the overall diameter if the tire and the 6.50 is the tire width.

Zeek

the 8 is the rim diameter, the 16 is the overall diameter if the tire and the 6.50 is the tire width.

Yea I'm an idiot, I guess 16 would be a little BIG to be the rim diameter . . . wasn't thinking when I wrote that :ychain:

:D

sorekiwi

I've never researched sawtooth tires in that size, and I dont think I've ever seen any.

Your only choice for tri-ribs in that size is Firestone, and as far as I am aware they are only available from Miller Tire. Make sure you are sitting down when you check the price...

From all reports they are an excellent tire, and I think they look awesome. But I've never been able to afford a set...

TT

The '72 Raider should have the narrow front rims, so fitting 4.00 X 8 tri-ribs or 4.00/4.80 X 8 sawtooth tires is an option.

There are also 16-6.50 X 8 ribbed tires available just like the WorkHorse models used, and Duro makes a DF 232 (in 4.80 / 5.70 / 6.50 widths) that closely resembles the '65 - '69 OEM :ychain: branded 16-5.50 X 8 tires. LINK