Sign in to follow this  
Horse'n Around

Hydro trans question

Horse'n Around

I don't have any trouble working on and repairing transmissions that are mechanical or gear driven but I don't have any experience working on hydraulic systems. Are most common repairs on the hydro transmissions used in Wheel Horses usually something that can be done with a manual, some common sense, a basic understanding on hydraulics and possibly with some advise from friends :ychain: ?

John

WH nut

Yeap. Having to book is half the battle

MikesRJ

John,

One page on MyWheelHorse.com (you need to be logged in to see it) has most of the Hydro transmissions listed. A look at those will answer 80% of your question.

Here's a link to the Sundstrand 1965-1982 Piston-Piston Transmission manual to give you an idea:

http://www.mywheelhorse.com/graphics/file/...n_1965-1982.pdf

racinfool40

John I had the same question I have a hydro tranny from a c-120 that the axle came out..I went to Mikesrj site and looked at the manual seems easy enough just looking at the pics and info. As soon as I get some spare time I'm gonna try!!! So if it doesn't go well, then I'll have some spare parts :ychain: Good luck!!

can whlvr

its definatly possible,but remember to work really clean,i tore one apart and found more than i could deal with so i bit the bullet and took it to a hydraulic shop and got it done,i was lucky it didnt need too much,that machine is amazing,very smooth,strong,and works instantly in the cold,but i do warm it though