Sign in to follow this  
Zeek

Dave's Tractor World Sell Off

Zeek

Post on Harrisburg Craigslist - December 23.

SALTYWRIGHT

I HAVE DELT WITH DAVE AND FOUND HIM VERY GOOD. I HAVE NEVER BEEN UNHAPPY WITH ANY THING. RUSS :ychain:

neil

In the defence of daves tractor world i have bought a few bits from him and have found the bits to be very good

I bought my 551 from him and had it shipped to uk & it was a very quick and painless transaction i paid $350 for this off DTW DSC01149.jpg

Ken B

That is a pretty nice 551 Neil, what did it look like when you bought it?

I'd also like to add I bought some stuff from Dave and he gave me a hell of a deal.

LeonardS

Is that a 551? It has the wrong foot pegs and the wrong engine?

My 551's look different than that.

Leonard

rmaynard

Let's not be judgmental of a fellow RedSquare member. Remember, if you bought something from him, then didn't like the price, you didn't have to buy it. Dave, like many other people today, is trying to do what is in his and his family's best interest.

Everyone has a value in mind for what their stuff is worth. If you don't agree with it, that's okay. If a buyer comes along and makes an offer that Dave can live with, that's okay too. Until that time, I will continue to do business as usual with Dave. He has never done me wrong, and I can honestly say that I have been happy with anything I purchased from him.

Good luck Dave. :ychain:

Bob

btrrg1969

Let's not be judgmental of a fellow RedSquare member. Remember, if you bought something from him, then didn't like the price, you didn't have to buy it. Dave, like many other people today, is trying to do what is in his and his family's best interest.

Everyone has a value in mind for what their stuff is worth. If you don't agree with it, that's okay. If a buyer comes along and makes an offer that Dave can live with, that's okay too. Until that time, I will continue to do business as usual with Dave. He has never done me wrong, and I can honestly say that I have been happy with anything I purchased from him.

Good luck Dave. :ychain:

Bob

well said Bob

TT

Not to intentionally steal or disrupt the thread, but a 551 model is unmistakable.

They are the only mid-engine model to use the bolt-on strap steel hoodstand (with battery area) and the two-piece Uni-Drive transaxle.

Engines, footrests, and many other pieces can change.

LeonardS

Not to intentionally steal or disrupt the thread, but a 551 model is unmistakable.

They are the only mid-engine model to use the bolt-on strap steel hoodstand (with battery area) and the two-piece Uni-Drive transaxle.

Engines, footrests, and many other pieces can change.

10-4

Trouty56

Slander is a powerful word. It is not slander to say "in my opinion overpriced" unless, of course, there is a deliberate intent on harming somebodies reputation. Got my D series all put together with stuff from Dave. I would have really jacked the D up but couldn't pay the price for the bling. I'll miss stopping over to see all the tractors. I'll still stop to see Dave though cause I'll still need small engine stuff and I like his company. In fact I may stop over to see if there are any headlight kits on any of those tractors.... :ychain:

btrrg1969

I have changed my post because zxert changed his , I like his post now

neil

This tractor was in this condition when i bought it from DTW and like i said i paid $350 as you see it in the picture.

is there some discrepancy as to wether its a 551 or not

if its not a 551 then what have i got

can anyone tell me.

sorry to detract from original thread question

TT

Definitely a 551, Neil....... just not 100% as-manufactured.

neil

thanx for the confirmation TT

Merry Christmas

Save Old Iron

I said "almost slandery"

Isn't that like being "almost pregnant" ?

Horse'n Around

I've bought a lot of parts from Dave's on Ebay and I have always, without exception been very happy with both the parts and the service. I'm sad to see that he is selling his parts too.

Neil, that is a beauty you have there. I think that you got a great deal on it! Id be proud to have it that's for sure :ychain:

John

jusjeepn

Maybe this has been edited by mods before I read any of it, but I didn't see any judgmental or slanderous comments anywhere in the thread. And what was the original question? :ychain::D:D

Still in the dark........ :hide:

Polaris2007

Same here Jeep.....I don't see what's going on here. :ychain:

dgjks6

I think every member here should put in $10, we should all buy the stuff, and have a huge wheel horse collection for all the members to play with.

MikesRJ

... and we can store it at my house! :ychain:

Shuboxlover

Whatever the heck it is....

That thing is beautiful, and I would have given that for it in a heartbeat!!!!!!!! :ychain:

DMK855

I have bought plenty of things from Dave's and was always treated extremely well. Phil handled most of my dealings. As far as "overpriced", that I can't say would be quite fair to say. Did I pay more for a couple of the things I bought compared to what other members have bought things elsewhere for?? More than likely yes, but I didn't have to wait or search for months to find it!!!!

Best of luck to Dave!!

Duff

This tractor was in this condition when i bought it from DTW and like i said i paid $350 as you see it in the picture.

I never had a chance to do any business with Dave so I have no opinion on the rest of this thread, but that is one beautiful tractor for the money! Wow!

Duff :ychain: :D

T-Mo

Maybe this has been edited by mods before I read any of it, but I didn't see any judgmental or slanderous comments anywhere in the thread. And what was the original question? :ychain::D:D

Still in the dark........ :hide:

Justin,

The original poster edited his post.

FYI, please do not go back and edit your post after the responses do not agree with you. Second, do not edit a post after a moderator edits a post.

T-Mo

Sorry, Pat - I accidently confused you for Justin.

Others, this thread is closed.