Sign in to follow this  
porkchop

Lift cylinder rebuild???

porkchop

My lift cylinder on the 16 auto is leaking. Can these be rebuilt?? Doe's anyone know any part numbers for a kit or seals?? :ychain: in advance.

Kelly

I believe that is a welded unit, probably easier to get a used one, I know if it is the welded one you can chuck it up in a lath and cut it open put new seals in and weld it back up, but like I said probably easier to get another/

wh79d160

When I bought my 1st D the PO said he had one of the lift cyclinders rebuilt. They cut the end off & welded it back on. Must have got it too hot , it leaked. Got a used one off ebay. Good Luck :ychain:

MikesRJ

Any good hydraulics house, if you call them on the phone, could match the cylinder from dimensions you give them.

MikesRJ

I looked up the part numbers for the original cylinder. Unfortunately both are discontinued. They are 6618 and 105254 if that helps any.

porkchop

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was wondering if the one for a newer tractor would be the same or doe's anyone have one they want to sell?

Kelly

I know the hose location is diff. from the old to the new style, old are a bit off to the side, the newer ones are staight on top.