Sign in to follow this  
CTPATRIOT

Snow plow for my C-120!?

CTPATRIOT

I have an early long snowplow frame from a 953.(pics)It doesn't seem to fit this tractor(center hookup in wrong place ect..),does anybody have a pic of the correct frame i need?Also,is this the correct hitch for the rear? :ychain:

WHspfb.jpg

rhitch.jpg

Kelly

I believe that frame is for a short frame tractor not your 953

CTPATRIOT

The frame is 61" from the mounting pin to the pivot bolt.I thought the short frames were 56".I removed this from a 953 myself.

T-Mo

Try this link: The Long and Short of It It's a good thread on snow plows and frames needed.

CTPATRIOT

Try this link: The Long and Short of It It's a good thread on snow plows and frames needed.

That's where i got my info.I'm not sure what to do???

jasoncracer

The only thing i see wrong minus a short frame plow is all my plow brackets the bolts go upwards and nuts are on top of the rear axle!

CTPATRIOT

It's not a short frame plow.Also,the rear hitch was bolted up exactly how it came off.I believe the rear hitch that bolts from the top is a little different.(anybody have pics of different ones?)

Rollerman

You have the rear hitch on correct for that type of snow plow frame.

It won't work if your trying to lift off the T bar, but you should be able to reach the bell crank/lift mechanism on the tractor.

Can you run a length of chain from the C's bell crank down to the plow frame lift point?

If you are haveing interfearance try makeing a solid link & putting a dog leg bend in it, or make a new lifting point on the plow with some scrap metal bolted or welded into place.

The later style plows for the C's swept back & then straightened out.

The hitch like Jason mentioned also went below the axle.

They all hook on the 3/4 rod from the inside of the frame where the old ones went to the outside.

CTPATRIOT

Thanks Rollerman.I think i'll just keep this plow setup for the 1054 and get another for this tractor.I have 2 of these older style setups.