Sign in to follow this  
.5racer

Snow cab mod

.5racer

Well heres the cab as installed . Lot of open holes to close off to heat.

DSC00457.jpg

DSC00459.jpg

Had the lights for a year now,will match the bigger trucks of the fleet . Pics of that latter.The black mount is a rear light mount and had to fill the hole since the light was smaller

DSC00460.jpg

Think I need a switch box. Used split clamps on a steel electric box to clamp to the cross bar for wire neetness .. LOL serious

DSC00461.jpg

DSC00462.jpg

DSC00466.jpg

Heres how I hooked up power ,a 4 way trailer useing only two lugs and yes thats a cig outlet

DSC00467.jpg

The back light 35 watt DSC00464.jpg

And lighted

DSC00468.jpg

The revolers mounted and the next light

DSC00465.jpg

DSC00469.jpg

sorry for the length

Sparky

Looks great :ychain: ! Have you figured out the total amperage draw with the tractor lights and the cab lites on together? Will the charging system keep up?

Mike........

.5racer

From what I have read and told by the OLD TIMERS and I could be wrong but the Onan in the unit is controled by a regulater, As I draw more the reg ups the output to a point, and yes I could overload the system . But with a 20 amp fuse to stock lights and 30 amps to whats on the cab , thats 50 total But in realality I dont think I've gone over 35 total. So if the battery runs down to restart, Ill deal with it then . Battery on now is a 550 cold ,750 max cap ! I feel ok with the load . Had to edit for my spelling , but I bet theres still some wrong !!!!!LOL!!!!!

rickv1957

Nice setup there Terry!!! Rick

btrrg1969

that cab aught help keep you warm and looks good too :ychain:

jasoncracer

That will do i am sure you will be seen!! sweet rig

Kelly

I'm sure it will clear, but it don't look like it, the lights and the overhead door??

.5racer

Door goes higher then trim on outside, 78 to the top of the lights and 82 to the trim ,, think I lucked out there lol lol lol :D :ychain:

mavfreak

funny thing is I did that with marker lights on a buddies truck. It was raining and he wanted them on that day we pulled in garage and when he went to back out, and Bang off with lights and my door trim and bent the hell out of my door.

Wasn't very funny then but hilarious now