Sign in to follow this  
racer28b

1971? electric pto clutch shot

racer28b

hey guys (and gals) wondering where i can find one of these clutches used or if i can convert this tractor over to a manual clutch and where i can find the parts to do so. any help would be great. by the way this tractor came from my grandfather in pieces about 10 years ago and ive been mowen and blowen ever since. ive got a lot of work into it but it is well worth it. thanks again jason

rickv1957

Used clutches are available or you can convert to manual which would be cheaper,Rick

racer28b

where might i find a good used one? would like to keep it as is if possible. thanks jason

Kelly

First we need to figure out what tractor you have for sure, to help you with finding a manual PTO set up, there sure should be a ID tag under the dash with a model no., post the numbers we can tell you what year and model you have, then set you up with parts.

WheelHorse_of_course

Service Bulletin #126 Covers Substitution of part number 101473 for part numbers 9656, 8278, and 7915 clutches used in 1970 and earlier tractors:

Wheel Horse Service Bulletin #126

Current production clutch, Part No. 101473, has also been released as the service replacement for Part Nos. 7915, 8278 & 9656 which were original equipment clutches on 1968-1970 Electro and GT 14 tractors. Special instructions for installing the new clutch are given below by original clutch number and tractor model.

CLUTCH NUMBER TRACTOR MODEL A. SPECIAL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS B. ADDITIONAL PARTS REQUIREMENTS

9656 1-7452, 1-7451, 1-7255 A. Straight part-for-part replacement B.None

8278 1-7441 A. Replace clutch to switch wire B. #9654 wire (two-wire harness)

7915 1-7235, 1-7245 A. (1) Drill and tap engine crankshaft (2) Replace clutch to switch wire (3) Replace clutch bracket

B. #8694 bracket, #932121-4 clevis pin, #933504-4 hairpin cotter, #9892 wire, #908038-4 bolt, #920244-4 washer, #920124-4 Lockwasher

CRANKSHAFT DRILLING INSTRUCTIONS - To replace #7915 clutch with #101473

1. Remove electric clutch, engine pulley and crankshaft key.

2. Fit trill bushing on end of crankshaft and trill crankshaft to a depth of 1 3/8" with 5/16" dia. drill.

3. Tap hole 3/8-16 thread to a usable depth of 1".

The drill bushing illustrated here can be made up locally from the shop drawing reproduced below or purchased through your Wheel Horse distributor.

Order Part No. 101636.

WARRANTY FLAT RATE ALLOWANCE

OPR. NO. DESCRIPTION HRS. 15151 Replace #7915 clutch 1

with #101473

Note: For additional electric clutch information, see Serv. Bulletins 127 & 128

------------------------

Sorry, but I do not have bulletin 127 or 128

:D :ychain:

racer28b

does anyone have a link or a number of somebody who might have a clutch laying around? i live in se minnesota and we have been getting pounded by snow so far this year and i dont know how much more my back can take. we are getting more as i type!!!!! any help is greatly appreciated! thanks jason

flyovrcntry

does anyone have a link or a number of somebody who might have a clutch laying around? i live in se minnesota and we have been getting pounded by snow so far this year and i dont know how much more my back can take. we are getting more as i type!!!!! any help is greatly appreciated! thanks jason

Are you sure there is power to the clutch?After you are sure of that then look on ebay I just saw one on there,and just do a web search you'll prob find one.

racer28b

by the way the model numbur is 10401 7 and the serial number is 888930 any one know the exact specs on this tractor?

Kelly

We need to know for sure what tractor you have, they used diff. set ups and the early 70's is when they did a big change, I have lots of parts and should be able to help you out.

you must have posted at the same time I did

Kelly

You have a 1972 charger 12 that is a hydro tractor, I should have all the parts you need to convert it to a manual PTO I will check after work tomorrow.

racer28b

kelly, im just wondering if you had a chance to look to see if you had the clutch parts. by the way, we received another 7-8 inches of snow last night, and then some freezing rain on top of that. what a nightmare to shovel. REALLY need that tractor to do the work for me. thanks jason

Kelly

PM sent