Sign in to follow this  
yorkiesB-80

B-80

yorkiesB-80

I picked up a 1974 B-80 in maine and the guy threw in a snowblower , he told me the machine never was used in the winter. I was wondering if i would ruin this awesome running 8horse buy running it in cold condition i do keep inside but its not heated.

rmaynard

B-80's as well as all the other Wheel Horse's love to play in the snow. Go for it.

HankB

It's better to operate any gasoline powered equipment year 'round. Regular use keeps engine and trans fully lubricated. Refueling keeps fresh gas in the tank. Operation keeps the battery charged and keeps rubber stuff (belts, tires) from taking a set from being in the same position for too long.

Put that B-80 to work!

Oh, and :ychain:

-hank

stevasaurus

:D The guys are right...my horses love the snow and cold. It is me, as I grow older, that is having trouble keeping up with them. :D

Just warm them up good before going out to play...something I do myself while they are warming up. :ychain: Rock-N-Rye

Kelly

They built them to use, that's why we all have blades and blowers, well at least us that get snow.

rickv1957

Them :ychain: love the snow!!,Rick

MRM

I put a blower on my B-80 3 spd, the three was to fast the 8 speed is what you need for the blower

btrrg1969

It's better to operate any gasoline powered equipment year 'round. Regular use keeps engine and trans fully lubricated. Refueling keeps fresh gas in the tank. Operation keeps the battery charged and keeps rubber stuff (belts, tires) from taking a set from being in the same position for too long.

Good comments , I agree . I do start all my gas powered stuff up through the winter months to keep it in good running order and I also let it run long enough to burn off any water in the exhuast , that will keep the mufflers from rusting out .

yorkiesB-80

The B-80 is ready for snow ,snowblower is hooked up I got the lift working i'm ready for the big strorm Monday :ychain:

MaineDad

What - you stole one from under my nose? :ychain:

It will do fine if it's an 8 speed. Let see a picture please...

hodge

I've run my B-80 for years in the winter, with a blade on it. As a matter of fact, that little 8 horse Kohler is my easiest starter in the winter...

Do you have any pics to post? We love pictures...

Lane Ranger

I think you will love that B-80- the more you work it.

I am on my third winter with the B-80 and I love this Wheel Horse tractor !

100_9479.jpg

100_2022-1.jpg

wheelhorsec85

hay, if you are worried about starting it cold . do what i do . i put a salamander about 4 ft away from my motor and get the engine warm before i start it . works great :ychain:

yorkiesB-80

I will be posting some pic soon and mine is a 8spd , Thanks for all the replys this is great though the wife thinks i'm weird , I think she is jealous of my new love. I thought oh moving her car out oh the garage so i have more room for my Horse.

Kelly

I think she is jealous of my new love. I thought oh moving her car out oh the garage so i have more room for my Horse.

Don't make her mad so will cut you off on buying more tractors or toys for the one you have.

dgoyette

I think she is jealous of my new love. I thought oh moving her car out oh the garage so i have more room for my Horse.

This is a completely normal and acceptable thought for your current level of exposure to the WH bug. Just do not act on it yet! You need more time for the WH to garage transition to occur. Work it slowly and a few parts at a time until she is desensitized to seeing a lot of WH in there. Then either make your move or back down and leave it in the shed :ychain: .