Sign in to follow this  
Shuboxlover

Shake....Rattle and Roll!!!!!

Shuboxlover

Well...got my "new" C-165 running tonight, put a $12 carb kit in it and....after cranking for EVER to get gas up to the carb, she finally took off, it runs PRETTY DANG GOOD :D:hide: I even took her out for her maiden voyage in the ice storm we're having. The transmission is flawless.

But man O' man, that baby shakes.....is that normal? I know it has the iso mounts on it, but it seems to be worse than my solid mounted C-160? :ychain:

I have a couple friends saying they want to buy it.... :D GRRRRR......MINE!!!!!!!!

I have a freaking problem B) I wanna keep it, but I'm sure that is not gonna happen...

Should have built a bigger shed :D :D

Redbirdman

Should have built a bigger shed

put it in the garage and put mamas car out...................... :ychain:

Let's see some video! I like the shakes!

Ed

buckeye

If it's shaking badly, the iso mounts are more than likely shot. That's the one thing i never liked about them. when they go bad, you know it! I would like to get rid of them on my c-145 single cylinder kohler, but then i would have to change the oil pan. :ychain:

Gene_S

Glad to hear you got the ol girl running... I have a C-141 and she's a shaker n mover to. Awhile back someone else on here was speaking of the same problem and someone suggested taking out the rubber mounts and installing solid aluminum mounts in their place. I thought they said they were on ebay but I couldn't find them. Good luck!

Kelly

I told you they shook, when you asked about swapping the engine to the briggs powered tractor, yes the mounts are probably shot, new ones are not cheap, about $20 each, and no you can't just swap the pan they use two different style blocks.

Coadster32

Try drilling out some hockey pucks. They're cheap. :ychain:

stevasaurus

Chris...I like the hockey puck idea, but you need to buy them fast. Since Michigan stopped playing football and put a hockey rink on their football field, I see the price of hockey pucks going up fast. :ychain: :D

145Automatic

Glad to here you got her running. As far as the shakes, my C-145 does at any thing less that half throttle. When I throttle down from wide open to idle there seams to be several RPM ranges that it vibrates like crazy then it smothes out. I bought some rubber mounts awile back but the ID was the wrong size and I have not got around to modifying and mounting them yet.

Shuboxlover

When I throttle down from wide open to idle there seams to be several RPM ranges that it vibrates like crazy then it smothes out.

yep, same here.....at high rpms it smooths out really nice...purrs like a kitten from half to full throttle