Sign in to follow this  
jasoncracer

new tractor

Edjfleming

I have a nice WH seat for it, its a low back.

wheelhorsec85

very nice machine Jason . i admit ,the Ag's on the back look small thou . its due to that ugly fender plastic yuck . ill get you set up with a metal one, will look much better . :ychain:

jasoncracer

Thanks guys, ken its the glare i thinnk you see int he picture! There is no cracks in it i would consider selling it to get a metal fender? Ed i am intrested!

WHC-125

Jay, dont forget I have a metal fender, if you want it stop by tonight and we could work something out! By the way this ones a keeper!!! If you sell it let me know and I hope I got first dibs :D :ychain:

rickv1957

Nice looking tractor Jason!!!!,Rick

jasoncracer

Thanks Rick and Chris appreciate it and chris i could stop bye sometime you do have one? shape?

Horse'n Around

Thats a pretty clean looking tractor. It looks ok with the plactic fender ,but it would look much better with the metal one . Either way it will look great once you put a nice seat on it , then youll be all set . It looks like you scored big time!

John

Gene_S

:ychain:

d180man

Hi very nice looking tractor ! :D keep it up ! :ychain: :D

T-Mo

Here's what it would like like with steel fenders.

100_0536_resize.jpg

100_0535_resize.jpg

This was my C-125 that I got from Rollerman who put on the steel fender deck from a C-series.

Ken B

Taking it a step further. Has anyone ever bolted on a hood from say a C-120? I'm sure the dash tower would at least need to be changed? Some think the rear fender tub is ugly, some might also think the black hood is ugly. :ychain:

dgoyette

I might be a minority here but I actually really like the style of the plastic fender, I don't particularly like that it is plastic but I really like the over all look it has on these tractors. They are plastic but they are pretty rugged still.

jasoncracer

:ychain: Ken, agreed i may try it i have a dash tower here however ill have to dig up a hood! Hope you all are ready possible snow sun through tuesday

T-Mo

I don't know guys. Once you bolt on the fender deck and then change out the hood and dash tower, what do you have? Just a plain C-101. Nothing different there. And there is something about driving a black hood - it just can't compare. I have driven a C-141, a 314-8 and a C-125 and it was something different and good about seeing that black hood in front of you.

Ken B

Just wondering out loud T-Mo. I have a black hood and I enjoy it. In fact when I got it it had a metal fender pan on it that I took off and put the plastic one back on.

drawingbyjesse265.jpg

drawingbyjesse262.jpg

wheelhorsec85

Just wondering out loud T-Mo. I have a black hood and I enjoy it. In fact when I got it it had a metal fender pan on it that I took off and put the plastic one back on.

wow very nice machine there :ychain:

jasoncracer

Sweet machine!

JimD

This is how it would look with the newer style fender from a 400 series horse.

C85completed003.jpg

C85completed002.jpg

WH Raider10

:ychain: Very nice tractor Jason! Looks like mine c-161 I'm getting in a week or two. :D

theoldwizard1

The C-105 was a 10 hp Kohler K-241

That is what I thought. But I'm talking to a guy who has a C105 and claims it has a 12hp. Well, I just assumed he was BSing or possibly had swapped in a K301, but according to the Toro Master Parts Viewer, early models (01-10K801) started at 12hp.

Something I will have to check closely when I see it in person. I'm a newbie, so is the engine model stamped on the block or how do I know what it really is ?

WH854

I have a C-105 1981 (01-10K802), C-165 Auto (01-16KE02) 1981.If he has a 12 Hp he or some one may have put a 12 HP in it. 1980 01-12k801 should be a C-125 :ychain:

Chas

WH854

My Wheel Horse Bible says that Black Hoods were made 4 years(1980-1984. :ychain:

Chas

TT

according to the Toro Master Parts Viewer, early models (01-10K801) started at 12hp.

The Toro MPV has been known to be incorrect on several occasions. :D

The "10" after the hyphen in the model number is the horsepower. The "K" denotes a Kohler engine, the "8" means it's an 8 speed, etc.

Some K-241 (10hp) engines had "K-301" cast on the block just below the PTO end of the crankshaft. For some reason, that tends to confuse people. :D

@Chas: 1980 to 1984 (inclusive) is 5 years. :ychain:

WH854

Yea TT :D My C-105 has that 301 cast into the block pto side. I understand at the factory Kohler needed 10 HP blocks so they used 301 blocks. If you have a block with 301 stamped in it you could have it bored out for a 12 hp with the correct modifications. :ychain:

Chas

6wheeler

Hey Jason, That is a nice looking machine. I am especially impressed with the custom duct tape racing stripe on the right side(if that ain't redneck, I don't know what is) :ychain: . I don't care for the plastic fenders though. It makes it look like you are sitting in the tractor, not on it. I know one thing, riding on my C-120 versus my C-165 is a difference like night and day. On the 165 ,it seems massive compared. The hood is so much wider and it just feels bigger, and that black hood. Oh yeah, that hood does it. I wouldn't change it for nothing. The ags to look cool, just my 1/2 cents worth(the economy is eatin up my other1and 1/2 cents, Sorry). Have Fun Pat