Sign in to follow this  
porkchop

New tractor is home

porkchop

I got the 16 auto I posted pics of home. First thing I noticed was the hydro lever is on the right side of the console not in the middle between my legs like my 12 auto. There is a place for one there and the plate is still there. The 12 auto had a little valve on top of the rearend to disengage the hydro. This one is on the front of the rearend and takes a screwdriver.

I tried to start it and it just clicked. I found the starter stuck so I removed it and cleaned and lubed it. Still won,t turn over. Tried to turn it by hand and to my dissapointment it was locked up tight. :ychain: I removed the electric clutch to get at the crank with a wrench and to my suprise the clutch was what was locked up not the motor. :D:hide: I got it started but need to replace filter etc. and charge battery. Will have it running tommorow with pictures.

The snow blower is missing the adjustment cable for the chute can someone suggest a fix and post a picture of how it hooks up. :D in advance.

TT

Sounds like a late-model '73

Chute cable topic from a while back:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=6979

I heard the heavier string trimmer ("weed eater") line works well - instead of the cable.

porkchop

Thanks TT!! I checked the model numbers and it is a 73 16 auto. Hopefully I have an original piece here instead of a FRANKENSTEIN TRACTOR that usually follows me home.