Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Plowed a little snow

Kelly

We havn't had much snow so far this year, and yesterday and part of last night it rained then started to snow, so ya a little ice under the blanket of wet snow, I started plowing around 2pm this afternoon, the snow let up but the wind started to pick up at that point, I normally plow with my C-121 8 speed but I have a few 520's this year so I pulled the mid grader off one and hung a 48" plow on it, I also use chains and weights but this tractor has 26x12x12 ags and a weight bracket on the back with a little over 200 lbs hanging on it so I tried it, I'm impressed, it never slowed down, I could push snow like I never have before, never spun a tire, and the hydro controls on the dash are the best, my old 520 I used last year for blowing snow, has the hydro stick in between your legs, and the lift control on the left side of the dash tower, not ergonomic to say the least, this one I used today is a beast, I even used a solid lift link for the plow, it took about 10 min. to get the hang of not digging to china, but it also is nice to have down pressure, I live on a corner on a dead end they don't plow here much, so I plow a chunk of the road and keep the corner clear.

My youngest took pictures I didn't even know he did it till he told me, "Dad I have pictures for you to put on RS" so here are two of them.

Oh by the way it's still snowing and I plowed again after these and will have to again tomorrow :ychain: they are saying around 10-12" over the next day total, about 6" so far.

100_1373.jpg

100_1374-1.jpg

C-Series14

Nice pics Kelly...tractor looks tough! I broke down and put my blade on tonight, 3-5" expected, 30-40mph winds, and below zero wind chill tonight and tomorrow...I love it!

What is even better, I have a 45 mile drive to work!!! :ychain:

Sparky

Great pics Kelly. Maybe you should send a bill to the town for yer efforts? :ychain:

Mike.......

HorseFixer

Nice pics Kelly, looks like the Dually is getting the Job Done! :ychain:

Suburban 550

Looks like it's gettin' the job done for you, Kelly. :D Great pics. :ychain:

dgoyette

Great plowing set up Kelly. I have been thinking for a while now I need to find a 416 or 520 with the controls on the column. Really getting that pretty set that that will be my next one :ychain: (when I make some more room). Those 26" look mean. I would guess no room for chains? Sounds like you are doing pretty well without them anyway.

clintonnut

Damm that looks like a beast! I love the tires. I am thinking of picking up a set of those firestone 3 ribs if finances are right in the next couple weeks. I have 170lbs of barbells on my 3pt for the D-250 and as a bare tractor with barbells I can pop wheelies with it. Now it has 200lbs of wheel weights and with the blower and cab it will weigh close to 2 grand! I'm ready, I know Kelly is now what about everyone else!! PICS PICS PICS!!!

Charlie

racinfool40

:ychain: Great shots Kelly I still love the look of that 520 with those big ags on!!! Oh by the way here's a pic of the c-161 I got from you!!!It's a beast:

DSCF1951.jpg

DSCF1953.jpg

That 18 hp briggs never missed a beat and Great power!!Thanks!! :D

WH nut

I put the snow blower on the C145 yesterday for the ex, but I didnt take the time to pull the chains off the 520 .but she is afraid to use it so she was shoveling today

btrrg1969

Hey Fellows

That looks like fun , we are getting snow down south as well , I am glad I have a snow plow , maybe ,if it keeps up I will have a chance to play in the snow like you all , it will be my first time ever to plow snow . I did use my plow to grade my drive and man that sucker works great . Thanks for sharing the pictures :ychain:

stevasaurus

Great pics there guys...we just got a dusting here and it is all blowing away. :D :ychain:

JimD

Great pics guys! It's just getting started here on the east side of Ohio.

Kelly

just got back from town, half of town has no power, all local schools are closed, roads drifting shut, wind is fierce, and still snowing, I don't like this bitter cold.

Sarge

It's still blowing so hard here in northern Illinois I haven't even bothered to start cleaning up. Plows have been out since last night but aren't getting ahead of the drifting snow anyway....and tomorrow's high is only 11*, ugh...

Sarge

wh1257

wow kelly look the tires dads amazing your dint a graet work