Sign in to follow this  
flyovrcntry

GT14 Hydraulics

flyovrcntry

Does anyone know of a good hose shop in st louis ? I took a couple hoses to this auto parts store who said they made hoses.It hasn't worked out too good.I don't know anything about the different hoses and fittings,but these are a lot bigger and very rigid,there's very little flex.They will screw in,but the ftting and hose are big compared to the old ones.One of them I can't get on because the fitting is to big and wont go on betwen the other fittings.I hope someone can help,the other hoses have leaks at the swivels and I am kinda stuck.

scan0002-1.jpg

Cleaverkid

Bob, Sorry I can't help in St. Louis but I had the same problem on a hose on my GT-14 last summer. My neighbor got a new hose built for me locally (Fort Wayne, IN) as payback for snow plowing his driveway each winter. Anyway, I can tell you that the hose they used was a little larger than the old but not all that stiff and the fittings couldn't be matched so they actually put two or three fittings together to get the bends I needed. Everything's back together now with no leak!

Good Luck, my friend!