Sign in to follow this  
Trouty56

Craigslist ad

Trouty56

Just saw a craigslist ad in the Harrisburg area for a big collection (45 tractors in various states of repair). I live very close to Dave's Tractor World and it almost sounds like him. What really has me thinking is that there is a Ride Away Senior mentioned in the ad. He has a shed full of parts too that is also mentioned.

Maybe not but I don't know of anybody else around here that has that much :ychain: stuff. But I surely don't know everybody.

Not much on Ebay from Dave's either.....

whfan74

Daves is closing down their ebay store from what I have read.

rmaynard

Dave at Dave's Tractor World is going to go in a different direction. Those are his tractors.

This is your opportunity to get a great deal on a lot of stuff. Give him a call if you are serious about buying the lot.

However, until a deal is struck, he is still selling as usual.

How do I know all this? I just spoke to Dave.

Bob

jdog_kustoms

i have been emailing dave at daves tractor world he is moving on like maynard said he is selling everything in a lot but is keeping the stickers for sale and is not selling any manuals at this time he is asking $45000. for it all a little to much for me at the time but sound like a lot of stuff just thought id let everytone know that is wondering

Shuboxlover

That's too bad (for me) that he's selling his stuff, I've bought some things from him in the past and have ALWAYS had a great experience.

Dave....I wish you luck in whatever direction you are going!!!! :ychain:

oldnugly

Kinda sad to see DTW go from EBay. I got my first :ychain: from him on Ebay, a 953 with a 50inch sickle bar. he held it a month or so for my buddy to pick up at the WHCC meet.

Great to deal with but may have started me on the road to perdition! Since then I've acquired a C-160 8spd w/ 42in deck and 42in snow blade along with an 857 with 36in sd deck.

"Honey, those are not TOYS, they're TOOLS."

grnlark

This is your opportunity to get a great deal on a lot of stuff.

Does that mean the inflated prices will come down to normal levels? :ychain:

Sorry, just couldn't resist :D

SAM58

Hate to hear this as well....

would be hard to make a living just selling a seasonal product like this.

would be hard to cover overhead and pay employees...

I bought a 314-8 from him at the Show in June, his prices are high but if you can't get anywhere else, and he is trying to make a living. Maybe not to high.

Dave needs to diversify into several line to keep it going.

I also seen his lot full of stock, a collectors goldmine if you had the 45K to invest.

Horse'n Around

Ive bought a lot of parts from Daves on Ebay and I have always been treated great and the parts I got were terriffic too.

John

truckin88

I think it is the economy, prices are not where they were in 2008-2009, even harder during the holidays. As these get older it maybe hard to get a lump sum of 45K. I am sure not every piece he has is usable or desirable.

fireman

Goodluck getting $45k for all off it. I was just down there last month. Most of those tractors are sitting outside and are shot. I think he will be holding onto them for awhile unless he cuts the price by 75%!

Irv

$45K for 45 tractors-that's only $1000 per tractor!!!!!! :ychain:

jusjeepn

There are very few tractors that I personally would give $1000 for. Actually only 4 that I can think of off the top of my head. I haven't seen DTW's inventory but I have to take Firemans word that they are way over priced.

Forest Road

Note to DTW: You might want to see what your local scrap man is paying......

Zeek

Goodluck getting $45k for all off it. I was just down there last month. Most of those tractors are sitting outside and are shot. I think he will be holding onto them for awhile unless he cuts the price by 75%!

He's right. I was there two weeks ago.

tuffbowtie

Dave's has alot more sitting there than just tractors according to the ads online.

I wouldn't pay $1,000 per tractor either, BUT what about the building with the parts, and all the attachments, accessories and more????

Definitely would be a good deal for a collector or for someone looking to do some Wheel Horse wheelin & dealin for a side business or hobby....

Imagine how awesome it would be to have that kind of volume sitting in your backyard to tinker with whenever you wanted????!!!!!