Rollerman

Any Ford LGT owners here?

Rollerman

As it says in the topic description I'm looking at a Ford LGT 145D.

This would have a 3 cylinder Shibaura diesel engine, 2 range hydro, power steering & has a 48" deck with it.

Thats what I've found out so far from "TractorData,com"

http://www.tractordata.com/lawn-tractors/0...rd-lgt-14d.html

I understand parts are still available through New Holland dealers....for a price. :ychain:

Looks like a nice machine, would like some feedback from somebody that knows these machines or has used one.

wh500special

My uncle's neighbor had one and used it virtually every day for 20 years mowing, tilling, blading, and hauling. His was a great running tractor and he never had any complaints about it. Other than maintenance - and running out of fuel a couple of times - he never touched it.

I have a Ford/Shibaura utility tractor and it has been rock-solid for the 10 years I've had it.

Get it. If you don't like it you'll find it will be an easy tractor to unload. Might even be willing to work a swap with you :ychain: .

Steve

AMC RULES

My buddy has a ford,

Wheelieking.jpg

and a couple Jacobsens too.

Picture4221613.jpg

• Like 1

Deere Hunter

I have one, it is used for mowing duty around my place. It is a great unit but there are a few things you will have to watch. First the PTO box on the mower(sits on top of center blade spindle) You need to check that often, if it gets low on gear oil they are not the cheapest to rebuild. Another thing to consider, if your yard is not flat like mine. You may have to add some weight to the rear of the tractor. They are so nose heavy they will not climb a hill. On mine I installed bar tires and added 70lbs to each wheel which helped but have to be carful making sharp turns or it tears up the yard. I have the snow blade for mine, used it twice and it never went back on there. Had 200 lbs hanging off the back and it was still helpless at pushing snow. My C160 runs circles around it in the snow.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great tractor. I have no plans of getting rid of mine. My dad owns one also along with a Kubota of the same year. There are some parts that will interchange from the Kubota and this model Ford. They sit on the same frame rails.

Rollerman

I have one, it is used for mowing duty around my place. It is a great unit but there are a few things you will have to watch. First the PTO box on the mower(sits on top of center blade spindle) You need to check that often, if it gets low on gear oil they are not the cheapest to rebuild. Another thing to consider, if your yard is not flat like mine. You may have to add some weight to the rear of the tractor. They are so nose heavy they will not climb a hill. On mine I installed bar tires and added 70lbs to each wheel which helped but have to be carful making sharp turns or it tears up the yard. I have the snow blade for mine, used it twice and it never went back on there. Had 200 lbs hanging off the back and it was still helpless at pushing snow. My C160 runs circles around it in the snow.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great tractor. I have no plans of getting rid of mine. My dad owns one also along with a Kubota of the same year. There are some parts that will interchange from the Kubota and this model Ford. They sit on the same frame rails.

Thanks Wayne, pretty sure I've decided against this one.

It has 1077 hours on it, wasn't a nice as the owner made it out to be & he put a value of $2500 on it against my trade...an 8N.

He recentley had the gear box you mentioned rebuilt by the dealer.

Going by the appearance of the machine, I don't think the current owner is big on maintance.

Stepney

I've got a un-dated Ford LGT-145 Hydro. Decent little machine, the engine's quiet, but god, the rear is loud! In my opinion, not the best looking machine, but it'll move anything! I can only complain of cold weather... The engine has no disconnect from the hydro!

victor3ranger

I have a Lawn Boy GT18H which is the same as a Ford LGT 18H.

cleat

I have a Ford LGT165 and it runs good. 16HP Kohler. Rear is a little loud at first but when it warms up it is quiet. Mower is fantastic, will go up and over virtually any obstacle without scalping due to it's full width rollers across the back and two more on the front.

zieg72

As it says in the topic description I'm looking at a Ford LGT 145D.

This would have a 3 cylinder Shibaura diesel engine, 2 range hydro, power steering & has a 48" deck with it.

Thats what I've found out so far from "TractorData,com"

http://www.tractordata.com/lawn-tractors/0...rd-lgt-14d.html

I understand parts are still available through New Holland dealers....for a price. :omg:

Looks like a nice machine, would like some feedback from somebody that knows these machines or has used one.

My dad has one, a very nice stout machine.  I have no problem jumping on it and helping with his 5 acres.  Wish there were more around.  He'd like to find a plow for his.

victor3ranger

I have two plows for mine, 2 sets of disks,  and a Earthcavator. also getting the 3 point lift for it next week or so I hope.

SCOOBY 312-h

we have a lgt 145 in the family wih a plow and deck. family had it since it was new. very versitle and good running machine