Sign in to follow this  
sethl007

D-200

sethl007

ok guys i am new here and i just bought a pretty nice D-200. it hadnt been run in a few years so last night i worked at it and got it running. problem is that when i try to drive it it doesnt move very fast at all in forward or reverse. forward starts out slow then tends to slowly speed up. reverse seems to stay real slow and doesnt change a whole lot. a couple notes, the bypass valve screw is closed all the way, the oil is up and looks good and clean and the filter doesnt look too bad but i know thats just from a visual standpoint. the linkages seem to have a fair bit of play and mainly where the little cam track is just in front of the motion lever. didnt know if it could be related to that or not. thanks for any input b/c i have no clue where to go from here!!! :ychain:

Rollerman

If you have fresh oil in the hydro & a "Wheel Horse" filter. (off brand filters can be restrictive to the oil flow).

I'd start doing what you can to eliminate the slop or play in the direction control lever & linkage.

A little play can add up & reduce the amount of input your giveing the hydro itself.

wh79d160

:D & welcome to the D world. Hydro's on these are always a mystery. I haven't had much experience w/them thou I've heard alot of horror stories. I've heard talk of a filter screen that can plug in behind the hydro motor. Also springs in the valves on the pump that can break. These tractors don't really go THAT fast. maybee your just used to a different kind of tractor. Maybe I can learn something w/this too :ychain: good luck. P.S. you may try adjusting the linkage rod to see if your getting all the forward motion you supposed to.

sethl007

ok guys i changed the hydro oil and filter, got alot of the slop out of the linkages, and lubed up all the pivot points and the tractor drives great!!! thanks for all the help!!! i will try and get some pics up soon!! :ychain:

wh79d160

Good to hear. Did you notice anything that may have been causing the problem while you were doing everything?

sethl007

i think the main problems were #1 where the cam track is for the forward reverse motion was very loose #2 all the linkages were very tight and between the 2 i wasnt getting full stroke to the hydro. thanks again!!

d180man

Hi :D and we love photos :ychain: :D