Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

What not to do...........

Sparky

I'm putting this in the Paint area cause it just seemed right. Check out this E-bay tractor and look at the leaves and grass under the tractor and around the deck. They all have red paint on em!! Typical example of someone who doesnt care about tractors or quality and just wants to make a quick buck by chuckin some paint on it to appear "in great shape".

I for one would be real dissapointed to get to the sellers house to pick-up this one, and would probably leave without it.

Mike............

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Wheelhorse-Law...1QQcmdZViewItem

Jim_M

I saw that one too and I agree. I think you would be real disappointed with that one when you saw it in person.

Jim

nylyon

That looks like the way I would paint it. :whistle:

Seriously :WRS:

kj4kicks

:whistle: :WRS::D

Guess I've been doing it wrong all this time.....

Sparky

Yes you have Eldon. Each time you painted up a tractor there should of been a big redsquare in yer grass.

Mike...........

TT

Maybe we could also patent a "shake and paint" method? :whistle:

Try these for instructions:

Place tractor in a big plastic bag, dump in 1 gallon of red paint, and shake briskly for 1 minute. Remove the tractor from bag and allow to air dry for two days. Trim off dried drips with a razor blade. :D:dunno::D

How many of you guys remember the old Earl Scheib "I'll paint any car for $99.95" commercials? Cover the 4 tires and paint the car -- usually without sanding much of anything. When they were dry, they scraped the windows off with a razor blade.

(that's what they looked like to me anyhow. :D )

Must be how the monchromatic paint jobs of the 80's became so popular. :WRS:

kpinnc

One thing about painting it in the grass, you'd always know where to park it....

Kevin

• Haha 1

Buzz

Maybe we could also patent a "shake and paint" method? :whistle:

Try these for instructions:

Place tractor in a big plastic bag, dump in 1 gallon of red paint, and shake briskly for 1 minute. Remove the tractor from bag and allow to air dry for two days. Trim off dried drips with a razor blade. :D:dunno::D

How many of you guys remember the old Earl Scheib "I'll paint any car for $99.95" commercials? Cover the 4 tires and paint the car -- usually without sanding much of anything. When they were dry, they scraped the windows off with a razor blade.

(that's what they looked like to me anyhow. :D )

Must be how the monchromatic paint jobs of the 80's became so popular. :WRS:

I had my first car, a 1953 Ford, painted by them for..gulp...... $29.99. We sanded it by hand and masked off all the trim. Believe it or not they did a decent job.

kj4kicks

Yes you have Eldon. Each time you painted up a tractor there should of been a big redsquare in yer grass.

Mike...........

Well, there is a big red spot. No wait a minute, the whole inside of my garage is red !

Can't wait to get the spray booth finished....

TT

Well, there is a big red spot.

As long as there isn't a chalk outline around it, don't sweat it. :whistle:

mcwh1950

thank youy buzz the year was 1978 for 29 .99

T-Mo

At least he got some red on the tires and seat. It wouldn't be a Wheel Horse without red tires and seat. :whistle:

rocking 416

ha i feel sorry for the poor thing maybe few of us should chip in an give it a proper home ya no an proper tlc so it looks like it should then kick the seller in the ==== an ask him wut was he thinking

Stigian

Going back to the original subject a tad, why do people waist time tarting up WH's with a paint job done in 10 mins :whistle:

It will never look good... unless the photo has been taken in the right light.

As was the case with my 312-8, it looked very good in the ebay photo's but when it was delivered (yes i bought it unseen :WRS: ) the paint job was er... less than perfect :D

100_1792.jpg

100_1788.jpg

100_1787.jpg

Sparky

Ian. They (sellers) spend about $12 on rattle cans and hope to double the value of the tractor. This only works on E-bay where you usually cant see it up close and in person. If I walked up to a tractor like that for sale in someones front yard I would probably turn around as soon as I was within 10' of it and had seen the paint-work.

Now I have painted some stuff with rattle cans as I suspect all of us have, but we take time to prep the area, mask off what we dont want oversprayed, and let it dry somewhere where dust and crap wont get all over it before its dry.

Mike..........