Sign in to follow this  

transmission brake shaft seal help?

hello, i am in need of assistance. i need an brake shaft seal for the commando 800. the trans is not correct for the tractor. it is a 3 speed. i have a book on the wheel horse transmissions, and i still need help :thumbs: i dont know what trans # is in it. what i do know is, the input shaft is 3/4 inch and the brake shaft is also 3/4 inch. axles are 1 inch. the book i have has a brake down of all wheel horse manual transmissions. the only one that is see in the book with the 3/4 inch seals, there are no part numbers... can someone tell me what i have? or better yet, the part number for the brake shaft seal. thanks, jimmy

rmaynard

Jimmy,

The 3/4" seal for most transmissions is #100441 from Toro, or 7410 from your local Napa store.

Bob

oldandred

Well lets see its got the 5053 tranny and the 1232 toro number

My tranny book says its a 1" shaft for the brake shaft

and thats the same number as the axle shaft

what book are you using ?mine has all the part numbers and pictures and list all the tractors by year and model

Anglo Traction

i need an brake shaft seal for the commando 800. the trans is not correct for the tractor. it is a 3 speed. i have a book on the wheel horse transmissions, and i still need help . i dont know what trans # is in it. what i do know is, the input shaft is 3/4 inch and the brake shaft is also 3/4 inch. axles are 1 inch. the book i have has a brake down of all wheel horse manual transmissions. the only one that is see in the book with the 3/4 inch seals, there are no part numbers.. thanks, jimmy

Hi Jimmy, As you say, there are no part Numbers for the Transmission that resembles yours in the Manual and only descriptions. I suspect you matched your Tranny spec to the '4speed UniDrive' in Section 4 of the Manual.

Bob is correct with the 3/4" seal nbr. If you need Axle Shaft Seals, take the number from a different Model with the same size/description Axles.

how do you do a quote like the rest of you do? :ychain:

TT

Try either #5085 or #5084.

I think they both had the brake drum mounted to the countershaft instead of the pinion shaft.

TT

Use the "QUOTE" button at the top right corner of the post you want to quote.

You can also edit out unnecessary text, pictures, etc. when quoting another member's post.

Use the "QUOTE" button at the top right corner of the post you want to quote.

You can also edit out unnecessary text, pictures, etc. when quoting another member's post.

thanks

Anglo Traction

I will say its a 3/4" i.d. and looks to be 1" o.d. for the brake seal. the input seal is still a 3/4" i.d. , but a bigger o.d.

Ok Jimmy,

My Brake Seal is identical in size, therefore it is #100441. As for the Input Shaft Seal, have you actually measured the O/d?. As I can only find the same Part nbr as for the Brake on this Tranny series.

you are correct. i just measured. the seals are the same. for the input and brake. the gease smear was an illusion. thanks to all. i know what i need now. jimmy