Sign in to follow this  
fireman

Scantic Valley show in CT. 2011

corn53

I`ll be there with my brother with no tractor :wh: !!! Hoping to take 1 home!!!! :thumbs:

trettig

I plan on going Saturday. I will be bringing my 1955 RJ35 and Hiller Yard Hand. Hope for good weather.

Crazywheelhorseman

I'll be there. Looking forward to seeing everyone and all the horses. Maybe I'll have to bring a few to sell.

fireman

I got an email from Joe the coordinator of the show. They have been getting good response about Wheel Horse being the featured tractor. I want to make one last push to get as many Red Square members as possible to go. I think the majority of the people have said they will be there on Saturday. I am leaving the Western CT. area around 5:00am Saturday morning. I have room for two if anyone wants a ride. I won't have room for any tractors but you are welcomed to tag along.

wallfish

I'm still trying to get my sh#t together.

Jeff,

What time can we get in to unload and set up?

Do you know the actuall address so I can put it in my GPS?

fireman

John,

The show starts at 8:00am on Saturday. I will be there by 7:00am. As far as the address I don't think they have a number. It's just located on Egypt Road. I checked it out on Mapquest and it looks like if you put in like number 250 Egypt Road on your GPS I'm sure you won't miss it. I would imagine they will have all kinds of signs. Looks like it's right across from the Cedar Knob Golf Course. I'm bringing 2 tractors and only one is RED :hide:

stevebo

I will be there too but a bit later in the morning. I need to see a man about a horse first :hide: I plan on bringing a few items to sell. I too should have room if anyone wants to ride up together. I will have room in my rig for an extra tractor or two...

Gerry w

Guys, I was hoping to make it but will not be able to do so. My wife has earned her Masters in Ed. and she "walks" on the same date as the show. Well, the Saturday anyways and that's when I was hoping to make it. I will be watching her get her diploma but thinking red.

Yup! I REALLY missed it! :hide:

Gerry

SALTYWRIGHT

DON'T FORGET TO BE THERE SATURDAY. RUSS :hide:

Sparky

Its lookin like no rain for Saturday guys so lets get them horses to the show!!!!!!!!!

Sunday on the other hand...... :hide: ......might be wet.

Mike..............

wallfish

I have 3 loaded up and ready to go

Coadster32

I'm hoping to roll in around 9 or 10am. I'll have my trailer, wife, kids, and 2-3 horses with me. Save me a spot with the group if you can.

wallfish

Found the address to put in a GPS

Four Town Fair Grounds

59 Egypt Road Somers, CT 06071

chris11

Im all loaded up . Im just going to bring my 2 wheelhorses.

fireman

If you guys have any of the "Easy-Up" canopies you may want to bring one just in case.

chris11

Great turn out at the somers show.100_4486.jpg100_4483.jpg100_4479.jpg100_4480.jpg100_4482.jpg I got stopped for speeding.

Coadster32

What a great day it turned out to be. I got a red-neck today, (literally). Quite a showing of RS members. My family had a really great time today, and can't say enough about our group of guys here in New England. Checking out all the tractors really shows off the nice work, time, effort, and creativity of our members here. Thanks Jeff for getting this going, and making a great centralized spot for our first Meet-N-Greet of the year. Yack,yack... check out some pics.

pics011-1.jpg

pics010-2.jpg

Lookout...Woman driver!!

pics007-3.jpg

pics006-3.jpg

pics005-4.jpg

I gotta say that we occupied a bit of real-estate today.

pics016-1.jpg

Sketchy looking group...aren't they!!

th_pics015-1.jpg

Short video of most members in the parade.

(not laughing John) :hide:

pics009-2.jpg

Chris' awesome ride!!

pics008-2.jpg

My tractors in the mix.

pics004-4.jpg

Good day to be above ground!

fireman

My son and I also had a great time. Thanks to everyone for taking and posting the pictures and videos. I was approached by Joe Perko who coordinated the event for Scantic Valley and the club president. They were thrilled with us being there and we have been invited back next year!

TT

100_4486.jpg

Any chance of getting some names of those in this picture posted? :)

Hella-good :disgust: representation! :hide: :WRS:

fireman

Here ya go! I forgot the older gentleman's name at the end. If someone remembers, let know and I'll update it. I also forgot Trettig's first name. Let me know that too and I'll update that also. There where are few other members that left before the picture was taken so all in all we had a great showing of RedSquare members :hide:

members-1.jpg

Crazywheelhorseman

If any one is curious as to why you can't hear Chris11's horse running is because after he got stopped for speeding thought it was just be easier to tow it. Chris11 puller doesn't know the word slow! :hide:

Crazywheelhorseman

the Gentleman on the end is Warren (wwwlaw) he drove up from New Jersey to attend

fireman

Here is the final draft with all the names.

members-3.jpg

TT

:hide: Jeff....... that's a huge help.

chris11

I would like to thank Jeff(fireman) for getting this all going. :hide: