Sign in to follow this  
horsefeathers

RJ Wannabe

horsefeathers

Guys thank you for all the info, It's greatly appericated!

This is at an outdoor power equipment store JD dealer!

I stoped out today and the salesman laught "It ain't for sale"

I did talk to the co-owner Shane, talked him out for awile not for sale but...

It's packed away in cold storage you can take a look at if you want.

I made him an offer, he stalled I think he was impressed! Had cash in hand!

He said he has to check with his dad (co-owner).

Kelly that's a great deal! But there's no way someone's gonna' steal this one!

I'll have to wait to see what "Dad" say's!

Clinton 1200 I think the recoil is not correct,exhaust,rear tires are armstrong

look new, front's are Shimit?not sure. anyone know if this stuff is correct?

:thumbs: HORSEFEATHERS!

stevebo

Good luck on this one !!!

rj35hunter

Horsefeathers that tractor is mostly correct. The front wheels and tires are Schenuit and are correct. The rear tires are not, should be Bfgoodrich. Clinton 1200 is correct but should have a Schnacke cable recoil. What's on it is a common replacement. Steering wheel should be smaller cast iron style and exhaust should point out, not in. Like Duke said, decals are not correct, but can be fixed. For the most part that is a nice preserved RJ35 and would be well worth getting! :thumbs: I have several of these to compare to, so if you need any more advice, feel free to contact me. :)

Thanks, Clay

horsefeathers

Clay, Thanks! Front tires Schenuit that's it! Little dry rot not too bad!

I thought rears should be BFG Silvertowns! Armstromgs look too new!

I thought the recoil & exhaust were wrong!

Decals wrong as Duke stated and you confermed!

All in all a decent older restoration!

Your opinion on value?

:thumbs: Thanks Clay!

evanloock

If it's a later 56/early 57 and has the Clinton 1200-2184 motor it should have the Fairbanks-Morse recoil NOT the Schnacke as used on the 1200-152 and 1200-184. Depending on when it was made the steering wheel could be correct. It has not been pointed out as of yet, but it also has the optional BA-35 brake on it. The pedal and linkage on the right side of the tractor is not original. Would like to see why it is on there. The rear drive pulley looks on the smallish side, but they did come in 6, 6 1/2 and 7 inch varieties during the run of the RJ-35 so it may be correct.

rj35hunter

Evanloock, that's something I have over looked on the 1200 2184 recoil. I have two RJ35's 56 and 57 with that engine and both have Fairbanks-Morse recoils. All of my 1200-152,184, and 1184 engines have Schnacke recoils. Thanks for bringing that to my attention, you learn something new everday about a RJ35! :thumbs: I think this tractor is on the early side of 56 because the hood is smooth on front with no wheel horse embossed and does not have the extra brace on the variable pulley brace assembly. One day we are all going to have to put our heads together and come up with a "timeline" on all these variations to help understand how to date a RJ35. IMO this tractor with all it's options and condition should be worth at least $1,000, but then again any tractor is worth what the seller is willing to sell it for and the buyer is willing to pay for it. I would like to know which 1200 engine is on that tractor, it would help identify the year.

Clay

CTPATRIOT

That is one sharp looking little tractor!