Sign in to follow this  
Lanco

How do I find out the model?

Lanco

I recently bought an older wheel horse. I was told its a 1972 with an 8hp engine. I believe its a kohler engine. It is 3 forward speeds and 1 reverse speed. 38" rear discharge deck. The deck engages by a lever that compressed the clutch to side of the engine and the belts go around the front to the deck. Any ideas what model this is? I am trying to find parts to restore and being only 21 im not exactly sure what to look for. Thank you.

ducky

:thumbs:

and if u post some pic. it might help. i know some one will chime in with another answer. but good luck. where are you located?

Kelly

Look for the model tag in front of the seat under the dash, on the dash tower, the serial no. will do you no good, so just post the model no. and yes a picture will do wonders, and welcome

rmaynard

Glad to have you aboard. As mentioned above, pictures are the key if you can't find the I.D. tag.

Even if you do find the tag, :)

Bob

TT

That would make your tractor a 1971 "800 Special".

Link to the IPL @ PartsTree

Lanco

Thanks. I have never seen a rider that the deck engages with a clutch on the engine rather than a tensioner on the deck. Im going to try and mount a plow on it for the winter. The only thing i dont have are the lights. Id like to get the original style lights if possible.

RandyK

I was told its a 1972 with an 8hp engine. I believe its a kohler engine.

Your engine is a Briggs :thumbs: Looks like a nice machine.