Sign in to follow this  
MyOtherCarisaWheel Horse

Onan P220G replacing a Kohler 241

MyOtherCarisaWheel Horse

Ok, so as I may have mentioned before, I have a tired 10 horse engine in the old wheel horse and have been thinking on re-powering it. In my dreams, I saw a 16 horse taking the 241's place. Well, I must have recentaly had a wild wet dream because I ran across a Onan P220G with lower hours and still running in a Chraftsman tractor for a price I could afford. Engine is complete but of course somethings would need to be fitted from the 241 engine to the onan. My concerns are:

1. Output Shaft on the Onan is 1 1/8 Dia and 2 3/4 inches long. my 241 has a longer shaft

2. Would my frame be long enough to accommodate the Onan

3. What Wheel Horse parts will I be able to use and what would I need to buy. I'm thinking I'll need the engine mount plate from a 520 Horse but what about the PTO and anything else.

4. Will I be able to pull wheelies and jump over several Tonka trucks parked end to end?

5. I'm mechanically impudent err.... I mean inclined and I have a lot of tools and even know where a large percentage of them are

Please post your thoughts, ideas, well wishes and prayers

MyOtherCarisaWheel Horse

Thanks for the link. I read it all and came to realize a few things. I doubt I could make mine all pretty like that, I'm more of a wrencher and not a painter / shiner. and there is no way I could do this without another tractor to run in the mean time as I use mine so often but that's my enjoyment in having the Wheel Horse. Its also a bit of a bummer that it has already been done.

I think I'll need to buy a tractor which I can leave sit as I take my time to work on it... I wonder how original a Yamaha YZ 250 2 stroke powered horse would be. :thumbs: