Sign in to follow this  
outlawss

D160 hydro pump coupler

outlawss

The cast coupler that connects my engine to my hydro pump has the splines rounded off. The splines on the shaft are fair, not perfect but okay. The previous owner drilled a hole in the collar and tried to run a screw into it, this held for about 20 minutes or so!

Is there anywhere to get that coupler? Will tapping out that hole and installing a set screw work? Any other ideas??

Thanks,

Sherri

:thumbs:

wh79d160

1st :) , 2nd, that's aweak point on the D's. I've seen them drilled all the way thru & pinned, but the shaft will just eventually break. I have one that has the couler taped in 2 places w/allen screws. This is probably the best fix. The p.o. had it for 11yrs & never noticed it untill I showed him. I would drill into the shaft just a little so whatever you screw into it can get a good seat & put some blue thread lock on it also. :thumbs:

outlawss

Thanks Tom-for the welcome AND the help! I had a feeling that two set screws would work better than one.

My awesome boyfriend found a place to get a new coupler at a tractor supplier near us. will be here Monday!Hopefully the shaft is good enough to work.