Sign in to follow this  
Aussie

Got another one

Aussie

I picked up my second Wheel Horse on the weekend. It was 500 miles away, so I headed off early on Friday morning. Got there, checked it out and we did the deal. Loaded it up and drove about two hours back before stopping for the night. It rained all the way home on Saturday so I left it on the truck overnight. Unloaded Sunday morning and after checking fluids and fueling up I did a couple of hours mowing to try it out, did an excellent job.

The tractor is a 1994 520-H with a 60" mower deck that is a 1993 model. It has done 850 hours and has no issues at all. The previous owner was very fussy and has maintained it very well with regular servicing and it has always been stored inside. It was apparently only used to mow his large lawn area, he has a Kubota CUT with loader for heavier jobs. He sold the 520 after upgrading? to a new Toro ZTR.

I am very happy with the condition and way it runs, there isn't anything that requires immediate attention, although there are a few small things I can tidy up over time.

Here are some photos he sent me.

2cwwrvs.jpg

5z17qx.jpg

No tears or splits in the original seat

kcb3m9.jpg

That is a wide deck

spx5rc.jpg

Kelly

Nice looking machine, are they hard to find down there?? or are they fairly common.

stevebo

That looks like a very clean set up. I used my 88 520HC all summer with an older 60 inch deck without the front anti scalp rollers on the front. I am now in the process of adding them (fabricating). Could you do me a huge favor and post a few pics of the right and left front rollers? I want to see how they fabricated them oem. Thanks-

AMC RULES

Nice clean looking machine, I like it, but of course-it's a :) so, I'm biased. :thumbs:

Horse Fanatic

Looks great! Nice find!

Operator

Very clean unit! Those 60" decks are great aren't they? I got one this summer to upgrade from a 48", Best deal ever!

Randy

Aussie

Kelly - they aren't common, but come up every now and then. I haven't found any close to me, they all seem to be along the East Coast areas.

Stevebo - sure, be happy to. I'll take a couple of photos on the weekend as I am away for work the next few days.

Here is the result of my mowing trial, I might have to consider taking up golf. :thumbs:

2yuam53.jpg

Roger from southern Iowa

Very nice machine!!! :thumbs:

Love the 60 inch deck.