Sign in to follow this  
kirby

engine wont crank

kirby

I have a 73 8hp 4speed 1-0120. I went out this morning turned the key and nothing. So i got my multimeter checked the battery, thats ok. Starter checked out and so did the solenoid. I bypassed the safety switch for the Clutch break pedal and still nothing. my ? is is there a way to test the key switch or anything else i should check before buying a key switch. I also checked wiring and didnt see anything there. thanks for any help that comes my way, Kirby

Attached Image

post-61-1289515281.jpg

TT

Wiggle the PTO engagement lever - or slam it back pretty hard into the disengaged position. :thumbs:

If that doesn't do it, start testing each "leg" of the circuit until you find the cause.

(battery to ignition switch {hold switch in start position} to PTO interlock switch to clutch pedal interlock switch to solenoid trigger terminal.

WH nut

When you say the started and Solonoid tested good how did you check it. Start first by appling 12V to the small terminal of the Soloniod. If it cranks the start and Solonoid is good and you need to back track the start circuit. If it doent crannk the make sure you have 12V going throught the large terminals of ther Solonoid

kirby

thanks for the help guys. Its fixed, it was the PTO safety switch.

TT

:thumbs: Glad to hear you're back in the saddle.

WH nut

Good Deal