Sign in to follow this  
perry

dag nab'it! missed a cheapy

perry

was watching this one all week. even put up a post-it note so i would remember. and of course i got side tracked and forgot.

only went for $15.50

19d4_1.JPG

T-Mo

Man, I would be kicking myself over losing that - only $15, huh? That would have been stealing it.

nylyon

Can't tell ya how many times I've done that too. Sometimes I'll watch items just to see what they go for. Just yesterday a "like new" "Toro Wheel Horse" plow 1999 model sold for $37. I should have bought that then waited to sell it during the first snow storm :D

Buzz

Whenever I see something on ebay that I'm interested in, I figure out what's the most I'd pay for it and make that my first and only bid. That way you don't forget it or get caught up in the last minute bidding war and pay twice what you wanted to. If it sells for less than your maximum bid, you win it for the lower price. I bid $225 on an 854 and won it for $71. Surprise! didn't expect to win it and had to tell the wife "ummm, honey I accidentally bought another tractor.........."

Buzz

Curmudgeon

I agree with Buzz. Use logic, not emotion on Ebay, and you'll get a lot more deals, and never bid more than what you really wanted to spend but got "caught up" in the bidding.

Dale

nylyon

eBay is an interesting place, for the most part I have gotton some pretty good deals. Most of the things I bid on I would never have been able to buy locally so eBay can be a best friend for those obscure things.