Sign in to follow this  
Raider 12

1257 Wheel Horse

Raider 12

I was at a local mower shop this week and asked the owner about some used 12" wheels. He knew I was into WH brand tractors and he said "let me show you something you need". He opened his storage lot and there in a kinda ruff but usable condition was a Wheel Horse. The engine was bad, it must have been 'cause it didn't have a crank in it. He said he had all the parts to fix the engine and was going to fix it up but knew truthfully that he wasn't going to. Well, after some conversation I bought it minus the engine. He said he could use the engine to put on a welder he had. I knew it was older than my 1970 Raider 12 and it looked like the deck would fit it but it also had some features that my 877 had. My intentions are to take it apart and keep what I think I need for the others and sell the rest of the parts. Its model number is a T 1257 and serial number is 284862. It must be a 1967 1257 and I don't know much about these models. I don't remember seeing someone with a 1257. Anyone out ther have any input on this model of tractor?

Retired Wrencher

:thumbs: :):wh: Kevin I know have all 3 models for that year with the S/Generator. look in the picture Gallery and u will see T1257 that I posted OK if u need more pictures I can send more . Enjoy it they are nice riding tractors. T/Care Gary B............