Sign in to follow this  
trainman

just bought a wh 211-5

trainman

Hello all I am a newbie this is my first rider I ever owned. Just bought a wheel horse 211-5 rider came with the bagger on the back with the two plastic tubes to suck up the grass. paid $250 for it. it has the briggs and stratton 11 hp engine in it. 32" mower deck I think. I got numbers off the block for what engine it is. But I was told there is a number stamped in the frame of this tractor which I cannot find. Deck number? no idea where this is. I bought it to cut grass. No clue if it can do anything else= snow blow or plow? seems everything works on the tractor, the brake doesnt work. I need the plastic tube that bolts on the deck the one i got wont suck up the grass. needs all new belts. I just want to know what I got Went to partstree.com have no clue what model i got other than the engine. and the 211-5 on the hood. any suggestions? :thumbs:

Numbers off the engine block

01158-01

-----------------------

partial deck number? ANS B71.1-1984

Yes to deck photo below my post identical!!

TT

:thumbs:

Can you post the engine numbers?

If it's original, it will help ID the tractor.

I'm assuming that the deck only has two blades.

Does it look anything like this?:

021708008.jpg

There were no stamped numbers on the tractor or deck. That generation would have had ID stickers - which might be missing or (usually) illegible by now.

bmuone

Welcome aboard trainman. I have a 211-4. I took off the deck and use it for a rider for the grand kids...and me! Saying that so you will understand that I do not know how good of a worker they are. I'm sure they are great. I believe the 211-5 were made in '87 and '88. The number you will use for parts will be...... 32-11BX01........1987 model or.........32-11BX02.....for the 1988 model. I think they are good tractors even though they are not the heavy duty stuff or the early models. Takes a while to gather all the info available. Also, the toro master parts finder site has become more user friendly than it used to be. Good luck.

bmuone

Well trainman...just noticed they were made in 1989 also.....using number....32-11B403.....

TT

1985 & 1986 too.

22-11B501 & 22-11B502, respectively. :thumbs:

1989 is actually a 42-11B501

bmuone

Tks TT. I wonder how long they let that guy that issued the tractor numbers work before they fired him? Wait a minute, I think I saw him in the Navy giving out pub updates!

sgtsampay

Welcome Trainman..

I currently have a 1986 211-5 that I use as my main horse. Its a great mower with the 36in rear discharge on it. Mine also will be on snow duty this year and I can;t wait to see how that works.

Now, I operate a mini lawncare for my friends and family and I use it several hours a week during the summer and in the winter it will be getting used to maintain about 10ish driveways on my street.

Now, I did swap out the engine for a much larger 18HP twin but the used the orginal 11Hp briggs for a very long time. It was a great runner once you got the carb dialed in just right. It also seemed to have enough power to run the mower deck just fine.

What will you be using your new Horse for?

Also, the 1985-86 model had a slightly toughter 5 speed than the later models since they were designed to have a tiller mount to them. Or, at least that is what i have heard from people. I have never seen a later model, so i can't compare yet.

Anyway, enjoy your new horse but I will say that the sickness will get worst and drive you to get "friends" for your 211. :thumbs:

trainman

I basicly got it cause it was the cheapest rider I could find finding parts for this thing is another headache I will have to go to the toro dealer and get bent over the counter. I saw a factory seat for $179.00! I will go the local tractor supply and see if i can get a less expensive seat. seat on mine is shot. I would upload a photo but last few times it wont take it. I really need the plastic tube part that bolts to the deck mine of course is worn out wont suck anything up. mine came with a bag. toro said they dont have part numbers for the tubes. Now I am starting to think I should of saved my money and got a craftsman or a john deere or something you can still get parts for. :thumbs:

squonk

Ck out this seat I got from tractor supply on my 210-H. It was $100 on sale reg $129. It is awesome. Those cheap seats SUCK! If you plan on lots of seat time this is the way to go. I'm buying another to go on my Power King :thumbs:

DSCF0764.jpg

bustedglass

Nice seat Mike. Love the high back on mine :thumbs: .

blueberryhillfarm

Hello, I have a 211-4 with blown engine, what a break down. Any idea how to get a replacement? It's a Briggs 11 HP.

redhorse100

Hello, I have a 211-4 with blown engine, what a break down. Any idea how to get a replacement? It's a Briggs 11 HP.

i got one in a 78 b-111 runs good and is for sale thanks joe